What are you eating/doing on Tuesday?

Linda M.
on 1/2/18 6:44 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning all,

I have been absent for most of December due to working alone during the extremely busy Christmas shipping season. I am back to in and want to say that this thread, in particular, keeps me accountable, interested and often makes me smile. Congratulations Meg on your pregnancy and I sincerely hope that you feel well throughout. I didn't prepare well today, and that is something that I endeavour to improve - better meal planning and preparation. I seriously plateaued for most of the month although my eating plan remained intact. I wasn't even tempted by Christmas goodies and had a piece of shortbread - mindfully - only a couple times throughout the week. I'm one of the few who like iced fruitcake and there was none, thankfully, in the house. Also no eggnog so all was good. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. On my 9 month anniversary I hit 100 lbs so, including my two weeks of Opti, I lost 94 lbs. I am soooooo thankful. It's so cold, I plan to go over to my daughter's on the way home most nights and do 30 minutes on the treadmill and 20 to 30 minutes on my Aeropilates machine that my daughter has "borrowed". She has more space, so all is good. My husband bought a stationery bike (heart be still!) and he plans to set it up in the spare room, so as much as I don't like them, I will force myself to do this as well and read my Kobo at the same time. Pray for my now bony bum.

B - Premier protein shake

S - cheese stick

L - Premier protein bar

S - cheese stick

D - 3/4 cup of ground turkey with cheddar, salsa and Tzatziki

Calories: 873, Protein: 95, Carbs: 34. All water and vitamins.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Meggles07
on 1/2/18 9:36 am - Canada

Thanks Linda!! Unfortunately I have not escaped the morning sickness but I know it could be a lot worse :)

Today has been productive so far. My brother left yesterday to go back to college so we finally have our house back ;) I put away the Christmas decorations this morning and cleaned up our kitchen. DH came home early today -- he's been fighting a cold for a few days. He can keep those germs to himself!!

This afternoon I might try to shovel a little snow so I can stay on top of it. We just got a little dusting last night, but once people start walking on it it gets hard to keep up.

Post-op two years, nine months. **My menu is not a model at all these days. I'm down four pounds since the beginning of December which is not a great thing right now. So I'm mostly just eating what will go in.**

Breakfast - yogurt, pineapple

Snack - pizza, clementines

Lunch - milk

Snack - pulled pork

Dinner - chicken soup

Snack - maybe more pulled pork as it needs to get used up

All water and vits.

Ginnny
on 1/2/18 10:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hey All, back to work today and not enjoying it!! Hit the gym this morning so back to routine there too.

I was going to go and do a weight class tonight but I'm not feeling the motivation.

B - chili

S - Oikos banana yogurt

L - cobb salad

S - pepperette, cheese string

D - TBD - stuffed chicken breast maybe

Totals without dinner - Cal 959, Protein 67, Carbs 45

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 1/2/18 11:56 am

Sorry I'm late to the party. I have Meg's husband's cold, so I have been just taking it easy.

Meg congratulations. Have you tried crackers for the morning sickness, or those digestive biscuits. Not exactly WLS foods, but whatever gets you through this morning sickness.

I'm just going with soups today because it opens up my sinuses and doesn't make me queasy.

There were some Christmas goody indulgences, but I am solidly back on the horse again. I have even started throwing out some of the Christmas goodies. This is a big step for me because I hate to waste food. Let's face it, the waste of the food is minor to me having to deal with regain if this continues. I had my taste here and there, but the holiday season is over.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 1/3/18 5:08 am - Canada

Thanks CC!! :)

I keep some baby cookies in my bedside table for through the night. I actually seem to be okay first thing in the morning and worse in the evening. I don't know why they call it morning sickness lol.

RosieBelly
on 1/2/18 12:36 pm

5 1/2 weeks post surgery I started out at 226 and I AM 190 lbs THIS MORNING!!

1/2 hour on the treadmill this am and will do another 15 or so before bed

B Chicken cashew salad (greek yogurt instead of mayo)

L Chicken 3 oz and green beans

D Fake crab salad with mixed veg mixed in(greek yogurt instead of mayo) wrapped in butter lettuce

S apple slice with PB

S some kind of shake

calories 785 protein 48 carbs 61

I do not think the counts for today are really truly accurate because I didnt put in a recipe for the salads just chose something that came up on my fitness. I only use greek yogurt in place of salad dressings and mayo. The protein struggle is real however. I am at a point where I cannot look at any protein that has any salt, I feel like deli meats are a salt lick and premade protein shakes are so over sweet. sigh....

I will have a shake when I get home from cards this evening probably green godess - like. Lately I am just dashing around everywhere.

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

Linda M.
on 1/2/18 1:14 pm - Orillia, Canada

Great progress Rosie. You may want to try Tzatziki which is plain yogurt, dill and garlic - yummy, low in fat and higher in protein (as with the Greek yogurt). It's my go-to and sometimes mix a little with low fat mayo as I still like the mayo taste.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Most Active
Recent Topics