What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 2/5/18 2:28 am

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend and managed to stay warm. This weekend I was able to get a lot accomplished, so that made me feel less guilty.

This morning I'm going swimming, then meeting a friend and we are going to the gym, might go for a coffee afterward with her.

Accountability: I was on plan over the weekend except for a taste of a chocolate cookie. I don't even like those kinds of cookies. Back on the horse today.

The eats today at 3.5 years post-op are:

Breakfast: Rivers of decaf throughout the day. 1/2 of an egg and bacon sandwich (Burnbrae egg white patty, 1 slice bacon, Smartbun)

Snack 1: Jambalaya homemade soup (Chicken sausage, tomatoes, peppers, onions, spices, shrimp, cauliflower rice) It is very spicy and I will make this again.

Lunch: Crab salad on cucumber "crackers"

Snack 2: Protein coffee at the gym

Dinner: Chicken breast with gravy and French green beans

Snack 3: Egg white patty with 1 slice of bacon and fresh salsa.

Totals: 837, Carbs 53, Fibre 10, Fat 35, Protein 85

Have a great day everyone, full of good choices.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Linda M.
on 2/5/18 6:12 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning CC,

I also had a good weekend and got some stuff done at home. I'm looking forward to having a bit of time in the spring - in between jobs - to wake up every day and tackle one room at a time. Purge, clean, paint and minimize. Business not sold yet - hence my poor showing on this site. Putting in the effort and praying about it. Either way, the plan is that my doors close April 30th - very mixed feelings.

My carbs are up and my protein down today, although I think I am making good choices. Crab salad on your "crackers" sound good. Red pepper "scoops" would also work. So does your Jambalaya soup with the cauliflower rice. I have hit a plateau and would like to lose another 9 or 10 lbs. I may try the just meat and dairy diet again for a week to reset and see if it will make a difference. I have been working out at my daughter's 3 to 4 days a week and will continue. I look forward to walking outside in the warmer weather.

B - 1/2 Premier protein bar

S - Other half

L - 3/4 cup of Chinese chicken, vegetables and almonds with hot sauce

S - Armstrong cheese stick

D - 3/4 cup of homemade Chili

S - 3/4 cup of Oikos plain yogurt with fresh strawberries, blueberries and 1/4 Kelloggs low fat granola

Calories: 875, Protein: 63, Carbs: 83. All water and vitamins. Workout after work. Enjoy your day.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

crqvingchange
on 2/5/18 7:27 am

Linda, I will keep my fingers crossed that you sell the business. It's smart of you to make a buffer against regain. There have been quite a few here that were able to kick the carb monster to the curb by doing a week no carb reset.

You are inspiring me to start my spring cleaning early. I don't know about painting (let's not pu**** lol).

I will use red pepper scoops for the crab salad, because I just checked the fridge and I have them, but no cucumber. What can I say, I'm a work in progress.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 2/5/18 8:37 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Late to the party again ;) I slept in a bit, then cleaned the kitchen while I still felt good. We went to our friend's house last night to watch the Superbowl -- they are all diehard Pat's fans so it turned into a sad evening ;) lol. They will be fine in a day or two. I took a huge bag of different crackers, applesauce, and baby cookies to get me through the evening.

I found this interesting - so I've had keto breath before when doing the CAMAW challenge when I restricted my carbs. But I didn't realize something similar happens when you aren't getting enough protein/fat. I couldn't figure out why I had such a weird taste in my mouth this week. I guess that is why. All my blood work came back normal so it's just a matter of getting pouchy happy again :)

Post-op two years, eleven months.

Breakfast - Triscuits

Snack - Greek yogurt and banana

Lunch - not sure... Maybe soup or KD??

Nothing else planned.

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 2/5/18 9:19 am

Meg it sounds like you are feeling better. How is it going with getting in your fluids?

Meggles07
on 2/5/18 9:56 am - Canada

I feel like I'm managing my symptoms better -- eating things that stay down generally. I'm still struggling with fluids. I've got Gatorade and Hydralyte to try and help :)

Most Active
Recent Topics