Day 4 of Opti and struggling

crqvingchange
on 2/17/18 5:59 am

The headache is a sign that your body is starting to go into ketosis. That's when it starts using body fat as fuel. It happens when all of the glycogen stores in your liver are completely used up (that's when your liver starts to shrink). Once this happens it's like a switch goes off and you are less hungry, and the headaches will go away. May sure that your veggies are very low natural sugars (no snow peas, etc) because if they are you are only prolonging the process and making it harder on yourself. You've got this girl.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

RosieBelly
on 2/18/18 8:22 am

Anncha don't feel ashamed. I always feel like the fat wins if it manages to shame me. You stand proud that you have made such a big decision to regain your health and take charge of your life!

PS Pretty clever to think of stir frying. I found SF jello was my hero. You got this!

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

corriev
on 2/23/18 8:58 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hi Ann - In my calculations you should be a day or two away from Surgery now - did you get over the hill and Optifast ?

Wishing you well.

anncha
on 2/23/18 10:04 am

My surgery is 4 sleeps away (It's on Tuesday) and it has gotten better. It's still not been great tbh and I'm craving a number of things randomly such as goats cheese or a boiled egg (I haven't succumbed yet) but I'm not as hungry by any stretch and I forgot the 4th shake a couple of times. I am trying to be consistent with my drinks and I'm having close to 4.5lts of fluids per day.

I can't tell if I've lost weight as my bathroom scales are so unreliable. They said I'd gained 6lbs then said I'd lost 8lbs so I'll wait until I'm weighed on Tuesday to know one way or the other.

Thank you for checking up on me xo

Referral to Sudbury: April 28th 2017, Orientation: July 19th 2017, 1:1's: Dec 14th 2017, Follow up with NP: Jan 9th OTN: Jan 18th, Pre-Op: Feb 12th, Surgery: Feb 27th - 2 weeks of Opti. Hospital: St. Joseph's TO with Dr Sullivan.

Height: 5'11, age 38. SW: 323lb CW:196lb

Most Active
Recent Topics