Weight loss after orientation.

Lucile777
on 3/10/18 4:47 pm

I wasn't weighed at my orientation. I gained like 8 lbs before surgery.

anabanana1976
on 4/18/18 1:51 pm
VSG on 11/21/17

Hey There

I did no dieting before my Orientation date and I thought I was in the clear - but my BMI was too high to do a safe surgery, so I had to lose 26lbs before I got my surgeon consultation.
My first reaction to the dietician was 'how the hell do you want me to do that?"..

He gave me a weeks worth of meals/plan and I followed it to a T. And, I was never hungry because it met all my nutritional needs. On top of that I did aquacise 4-6 times a week depending on my schedule.
Within a month, I was down 20lbs. He could not beleive it himself.. so they booked me with a surgeon 3 weeks form then, and by the time I saw the surgeon I was 28lbs down.

And since then I have been consistently losing ..

So, even if you have to lose some.. don't fear it. Work with your dietician. And trust the process. It will work. Good luck!

JessShearon
on 4/18/18 2:09 pm
RNY on 01/08/19

Ana, thanks for your reply. I have my nutrition class at the end of May and I'm joining a gym tonight, so I definitely see what you're saying. I've gotten my eating under more control and I'm really looking forward to what the nutrition class suggests!

Most Active
Recent Topics