Diet Coke!!

1979bigmama
on 3/24/18 11:07 am

Let me start this by saying I have not had surgery yet, it is scheduled for April 17th!!

Most people drink coffee, I have never had a sip of it in my 38 years of life, I drink (or should I say drank diet coke) At one point I was drinking 12+ cans a day (save the lectures....I know, I know!! lol) Once I decided to go through this process I cut out diet coke....November 24th I had my last can! Diet Coke was my only vice, I am not a drinker and I do not smoke...diet coke that's it!!

I start Opti Fast on Tuesday (27th) so today I decided to have a can of diet coke since after Tuesday there is no way I will be having one!...one last kick at the can so to speak!!

I now know why it is off limits after surgery....I was so bloated it was crazy!! I am happy to say that I am officially done with Diet Coke!! bring on the opti fast!!

HW: 265 GW: 160 - Surgery: Kingston, ON - HDH

Referral Aug 2017, Intro Class Sept 2017, 1:1 Oct 2017, Sleep Clinic Dec 2017 & Jan 2018, CPAP Feb 2018, Pre-Op Class Feb 28, 2018, Meet the Surgeon March 2, 2018, Optifast Mar 27th, Surgery April 17th

Always give it YOUR 100% and remember everyone's 100% is different!

LeslieCL
on 3/24/18 12:28 pm

I'm like you. I drank Diet Coke. I loved it. I usually limited myself to one can or two in the morning as I'm caffiene sensitive. I gave it up pre surgery too. A few weeks ago ( I'm 9 weeks post op) I had about 2 oz of Coke Zero sipped slowly so all the bubbles were out pre swallow. It was nice and I felt fine. But I don't want to get into that habit again, so I won't do it again.

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

RosieBelly
on 3/25/18 6:13 am

Hey Mama I was a diet pepsi gal and I know how hard it is to give up! Good on you and keep up the good work. Enjoy that Optifast......

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

Scary.Airy
on 3/27/18 12:15 pm

Another former Diet Coke lover here too! One in the morning, every day, for years!

I got ****y and thought I could quiet cold turkey :) hahaha. Yeah. No.

Went from a small bottle... to a can... to a small can of diet dr. Pepper (less caffeine) to a can of diet root beer (no caffeine) to bubbly water with my Soda Stream.... to nothing carbonated at all, and now I just drink water or cold herbal tea (decaffeinated).

I haven't even had surgery yet, but already I can see the difference after giving up pop. I love it! Good for you and enjoy the caffeine freedom! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics