Surgery Date and other ramblings :)

Scary.Airy
on 4/17/18 6:23 pm

So... have my Surgery date (in Ottawa) - it's not with the original surgeon I met with... and it's on the 4th of May.

Wow.

It's funny, for the past year I have been daydreaming about "what life might be like when I am at a reasonable weight"... but now that I have a date... my daydreams are stalled. hahah I just can't visualize the possibility any more. It just seems so unreal.

In any case, I am trying to prep myself the best I can physically and mentally in order to set myself up for success here, so please bare with me as I post a lot of questions and etc. to get the advice of everyone. I also am hoping to shake things up and get more people talking on this Ontario board, so I hope i don't irritate anyone! :)

GOod luck to all!

SweetRide1
on 4/17/18 6:32 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

You will be amazed how great you feel once the weight starts dropping off. One day you'll look in the mirror and not even recognize yourself.

It's not an easy road and there will be bumps along the way, but it is sooooo worth it.

Good Luck!

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

oneatatime
on 4/18/18 8:47 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!!!

I totally relate. Pre-surgery, I had all these goals and dreams of things I was going to do. A huge list!!! I still know what they are. Then, I had surgery, and the weight had been coming off... wow, has it ever! I'm down 110 lbs, I'm in onederland for the first time in my adult life. But... I don't have the "dreams" like I did. They're still there... and I know I'll eventually get to them, but I think this journey has been so crazy for me, I've sort of backburnered them a bit, if that makes any sense. I feel like if I try to focus on them and everything else, I'm going to get overwhelmed.

So, I've decided to just leave them be for now, and happily live with all my changes happening and deal with my "have to's"... I'll get to my "want to's" eventually. :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active
Recent Topics