NSV inventory :D

Scary.Airy
on 7/5/18 7:41 am

Dorky name, but I was hoping to create a thread where people can come post any NSVs (Non-Scale Victory, for those that are wondering) that they achieve, at any time.

I find myself searching "NSV" and just reading any and all posts sharing them, so I thought one master thread might be kind of fun and uplifting. Anyone game? Post away at any time!

Goddess in training...

Scary.Airy
on 7/5/18 7:47 am

Some of my recent NSVs

• found myself crossing my legs "like a lady" (ha!) in the boardroom the other day.
  • I had an old bridesmaid dress I was going to have shortened to wear to a wedding this summer. It's too big on me and can't even be altered to fit me now. It was SO tight when I wore it originally, I thought the zipper would split.
  • When hubby and I are spooning, his arm wraps totally around me and it's hilariously awkward; he's not sure where to grab / put his arm.
  • My super-sucker-inner bathing suit (think "Miracle suit" style where everything is super tight and structured) is all saggy in the butt and gaping in the back, under the arms and around the leg holes.

Goddess in training...

crqvingchange
on 7/5/18 6:10 pm

Great list.

Mine is that I can do 350 squats at one go.

Run in the water for 45 minutes and have energy to spare.

Dance all night and have energy to spare.

Shop all day for cute clothes and shoes and have energy to spare, but not money.

CC

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Lina_Ann
on 7/5/18 9:43 am
  1. I can now wrap a bath towel around my body!
  2. I can cross my legs now
  3. My chronic back pain is gone! (It used to be so bad my legs would give out from the pain)
  4. I can vacuum my whole house without being in pain or being extremely out of breath and tired
  5. I can fit in restaurant booths without my stomach touching the table
  6. I fit into most straight sizes now
  7. Went from a size 20 to a size 14
  8. I don't snore anymore

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

crqvingchange
on 7/5/18 6:06 pm

Lina I need you to prove #4 by coming to my house and vacuuming, lol.

Great NSV's

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Lina_Ann
on 7/5/18 6:27 pm

Sure! It's a great way to get some excerise in! Sometimes I even dance! Lmao

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

MichelleS61
on 7/6/18 5:47 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

Funny about the bathing suit, I had one from years ago a 2 pce and tried it on thinking I could probably wear now, and realized definitely couldn't wear as I'm sure the skirted bottom would come sliding off in the water. Guess I'll have to find another one. I too realize I can cross my legs without thinking anymore. I was able to purchase a couple of XL normal tops at Walmart, funny how XL and 1X (large size) aren't the same size.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

SweetRide1
on 7/6/18 6:43 am
RNY on 01/16/18

Well, here goes.....

1. No more seatbelt extenders on airplanes and I fit with room to spare.

2. The recent heatwave didn't freak me out. Yes, it was hot, yes it was uncomfortable, but...it didn't kill me and last year at this time, I would have been a big sweaty mess. What a different a year makes.

3. I bought my first bathing suit in 15 years and actually allowed my picture to be taken in it while frolicking in my friend's pool.

4. Crossing my legs feels great.

5. Dresses are my go to these days. I hadn't worn a dress in 15 years either.

6. I can shave my legs without turning my body inside out to reach certain spots. LOL

7. Necklaces sit nicely around my neck and sit nicely on my chest. Before I wouldn't wear little necklaces because they made my neck look bigger than it was.

8. I row 5,000 meters 3 X per week and love it. I also work out with weights 3 X per week and don't want to miss a single workout.

9. I play with my dogs all the time. I get down on the floor and play. I haven't been able to do that in years.

10. My body has stopped hurting. The pain is gone.

Life is good folks. It's really good.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Tuktu
on 7/6/18 6:54 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Painting my own toenails

Crossing my legs

Planning holiday activities - e.g horseback riding and zipline rides

More energy overall

Cute clothes shopping! And finally don't have to pay crazy prices for plus size clothes anymore.

oneatatime
on 7/6/18 9:14 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Shopping in regular size stores

Wearing high heeled shoes... and not just wedges. 3 inch heels!!

crossing my legs

No longer wearing bike shorts under my skirts and dresses... and no chaffing

Shaving my legs and painting my toes with ease

No more snoring

Off almost all my meds!!

Fit in spaces I never could have imagined (tight spots in the house and out; booths, airplane seats and all chairs... and so many more!)

Sleep better

... and so many more!! Life is so different now

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active
Recent Topics