The nerves are setting in!

Ontario_Girl
on 8/20/18 12:04 am - Canada

So darn nervous, anxious... scared.. excited! Surgery is Thursday. Time is creeping by so slowly, but at the same time speeding by so quick! Also excited that I will have 6 weeks off of work for recovery. Is it odd that I'm so excited for the time off?? lol. Anyways, how did you pass the last few days before surgery? How to prevent going absolutely mad? One moment i'm packing and getting everything ready for my week in the city, next Im just so overwhelmed that i may forget something. I have laundry to do, a house to clean and a weeks worth of clothes to pack. I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel, not accomplishing anything.

Just a girl trying to become a better ME. Healthier ME. Learning to be happy with ME and love ME. One day at a time.

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/18 4:25 am
RNY on 03/26/17

I cleaned my whole house the week before surgery, it helped pass the time. Good luck on your upcoming surgery!

crqvingchange
on 8/20/18 4:33 am

Organize your clothes in sizes. As you lose, you can donate the bigger sizes. I'm saving a super comfy spot for you on the loser's bench.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

JRo
on 8/20/18 5:59 am - Cobourg , Canada

Super excited for you. Keep us posted!

~ j.

My Journey: Oct 2017 Referred to Ontario Bariatric Network by Family Doctor; Nov 2017 Received letter from Toronto Western; Jan 2018 Orientation @TWH; Mar 2018 Social Worker and Nurse Assessments (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Apr 2018 Nutrition Class @TWH; Jul 2018 Psychologist Assessment (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Aug 2018 Dietitian (Telemedicine/Telehealth); Jan 11 2019 Meet the Surgeon; March Scheduled surgery changed to Jan 29 2019 ( VSG )

Hope_is_all_I_need
on 8/20/18 11:03 am

Good luck! It will be time before you know it:) I loved having 6 weeks off work, especially after the first week after surgery when I was feeling all healed up.

Orientation Oct 24, 2017 at Humber; Meet surgeon Dec 12/17. Internist Jan 24/18; SW/Nut/nurse appt Feb 15/18;surgery March 19/18

Opti -12; M1 -25; M2 -18; M3- 18 M4-9 M5-11 M6-7

kamac
on 8/20/18 1:38 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

That's so exciting!

I spent a lot of time making lists, but I don't recommend it because I drove myself crazy, lol.

Remember, as long as you've got the really important stuff, like your wallet, phone, documentation, etc., anything else can be bought there if you forget it. And if every last bit of housecleaning doesn't get done, don't sweat it. It's not worth the stress (easier said than done, I know!)

Let us know how you're doing after surgery, when you feel well enough to check in. We'll be thinking of you.

PS: You're going to be at St Mike's, right? (hope I'm remembering that correctly!). The wifi is tricky, it won't come up automatically. You have to select "other" and physically type in "SMH_Guest" to connect. No password. (when I was there I thought I just wasn't getting the signal, and spent my 1st night with nothing to distract me. it was awful. time goes by much fast when you've got something to watch)

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Most Active
Recent Topics