Meet the surgeon appt Sept 5

wrkinprogress
on 8/29/18 6:23 am

Just thought I'd give a quick update. I had my pre-surgery class in Windsor on Aug 20th and they called with my "meet the surgeon" apt which is scheduled for Sept 5 by video conference.

So for all you HDGH Windsor peeps,,, if you haven't heard yet,,, they will likely be calling soon.

My hospital will be St.Mike's TO but I don't know which Doctor I have yet.

Time's going to fly,,, I can feel it :) Starting to get excited!

Livebetter
on 8/29/18 6:45 am

That's great. Congratulations!! I have always heard that St. Mike's is a good hospital. I am going through Gelph and I am meeting with the nurse, dietician and social worker for the 2nd time on Oct. 22. Good Luck and tell me how it turn out.

wrkinprogress
on 8/29/18 1:31 pm

Yes I've heard good things too so I'm less anxious.

I'll update after I have the appointment on the 5th.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/18 4:35 pm - Windsor, Canada
VSG on 08/27/18

Yay! I can't wait to hear.

I just got home from St. Mike's today. Huge hospital and very busy but I got good care. My surgeon was Dr. Grantcharov but neither my husband nor I ever met him. Mostly I spoke with Dr. Gabrielli; he was awesome. I really liked him.

Tristessa01
on 8/29/18 7:05 pm

Dr. Grantcharov is my doctor as well but pretty sure I spoke with Dr. Gabrielli this morning. If it is the same guy, I agree, I really liked him as well! I had two other doctors in the room with me, a doctor from Turkey and a student doctor.

Congratulations on your surgery!

kamac
on 8/29/18 10:49 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Same. I never met Dr. Grantcharov, but Dr. Gabrielli was great. Very warm and caring.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

wrkinprogress
on 8/30/18 7:22 am

Welcome home! I was wondering how things went so it's great to see you are posting already :)

kamac
on 8/29/18 10:34 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Exciting! Yep, time's going to start flying by. Keep us posted.

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Beckylynn74
on 8/30/18 5:11 am

That is super exciting! I was in the pre-surgery in windsor on August 20th as well so hopefully that means that I will hear soon as well! I am going to Michael Garron hospital in Toronto. Your post actually made me excited...can't wait!

wrkinprogress
on 8/30/18 7:25 am

I'm sure you should hear very soon :) I'll update again here once I find out when surgery is going to be.

Most Active
Recent Topics