Hello

Tristessa01
on 8/29/18 7:00 pm

Hey everyone!

I read a few posts prior to joining and love learning about the experiences other people are having in Ontario. I find the timelines to be very helpful. Today is the day I officially started my journey. My doctor referral was July 16th and my consultation appointment at St. Michael's Hospital was this morning (August 29th). Now I am waiting for someone to call me about next steps.

I am excited and nervous. So happy I found this forum!

Stitch83
on 8/29/18 8:44 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

Welcome! Enjoy the journey, learn as much as you can and come back here often to read about others experiences, it has really helped me.

HW: 285 SW: 260 CW: 134 Dr. Grantcharov, St. Michael's

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

kamac
on 8/29/18 8:46 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Welcome!

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

jayjen789
on 8/30/18 3:30 am - Greater Toronto Area, , Canada
RNY on 12/12/18

Welcome! This is definitely the right place to be!

Referral May 2018, Humber River (HRRH) Orientation June 2018...Surgery December 2018

linda11665
on 8/30/18 9:18 am - Ottawa, Canada

Welcome to the next amazing chapter in your life!!

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
wrkinprogress
on 8/30/18 9:26 am

This forum has been a lifeline for me so I'm sure you will find the same. Everyone just wants to help and encourage!

Welcome

Kathy S.
on 8/30/18 11:32 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Image result for welcome

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Mellywog
on 8/30/18 12:19 pm
RNY on 06/17/19

Welcome - I am just starting out as well. My doctor referred me 2 weeks after you. But they also referred me to the Wharton Medical Clinic. My first appointment with them is 3 weeks away.. the waiting in this entire process is going to kill me.. lol. I still haven't heard anything about a consultation appointment. Are you in the GTA? I live in Brampton.

Tristessa01
on 8/30/18 1:52 pm

I live in Etobicoke and yes, the waiting is going to kill me as well! As long as I know when the next appointment is, I should be ok but right now I'm waiting for the unknown. When my family doctor asked me what hospital I wanted, I picked St. Michaels because it was close to work and I figured appointments would be easier to go to.

Now I am waiting for someone to call me about starting "the program". No idea when that will happen. I asked about wait times for surgery and he said optimal patients can have surgery in 3-4 months but that is not a guarantee. I found two websites from the Ontario government about wait times. For bariatric surgery one says 40 days and the other website said for my hospital it is 75-95 days. I was preparing to wait for 9-12 months.

http://www.hqontario.ca/System-Performance/Wait-Times-for-Su rgeries-and-Procedures/Wait-Times-for-Other-Surgeries-and-Pr ocedures/Time-from-Decision-to-Having-Surgery-or-Procedure

http://www.ontariowaittimes.com/SurgeryDI/EN/Data.aspx?View= 1&Type=0&Modality=6&ModalityType=43&LHIN=&city=&pc=&dist=0&h osptID=852&str=S&period=0&expand=0

Mellywog
on 8/31/18 6:37 am
RNY on 06/17/19

I have been reading tons of timelines and it seems to me that most people are getting the surgery just under a year from their referral date.

My doctor didn't ask me anything about a hospital preference.. She told me that all referrals go to one place and that it would take a couple months before they contact me for an orientation. Seems like you are getting a lot more information from your doctor about how this all works.

I have completed blood work, urine test and ECG test 3 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything. I am assuming that means everything is okay. What other test are needed? I don't have sleep apnea so I don't think a sleep test would be required. I am not taking any ongoing medication.

Melissa

Most Active
Recent Topics