Surgery date

Jasinana
on 10/27/18 11:17 pm

I started my journey in April and have been confident about my decision right up until they changing stuff. The Dr at the clinic recommended VGS due to ostio arthritis so I start preparing for that rather than the RNY.

When I meet the surgeon he looks at my file and says that with my acid reflux problem the VGS would cause me more pain then arthritis ever will. He explained it very well and it makes sense. He books a gastric scope and a surgery date for 7 days after that. So I go back to thinking about RNY and still feeling pretty good about it, get the scope done and then they change my surgery date from Nov 6 to Nov 15 to Nov 27th. This also changes who my surgeon will be and I wont meet him until the morning of surgery.

Im starting to feel very nervous.

SweetRide1
on 10/28/18 5:17 am
RNY on 01/16/18

Where are you having surgery?

I was able to choose my surgeon so if you don't mind a change again in surgery date, you could call booking back and ask to be booked with the surgeon you met with.

Do you know which surgeon has been assigned to you?

BTW, RNY is the way to go when you have Acid Reflux/GERD. I haven't even had a tingling of GERD since surgery and I was taking tons of antacids before. And, once the weight starts coming off, the pain associated with osteoarthritis will most likely lessen. It did for me. I don't have to take anything now. The pressure has come off my knees and I don't think I've even taken a tylenol for arthritis since surgery.

I understand your nervousness. You start out thinking one thing, and then end up being thrown a curve.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Jasinana
on 10/28/18 6:49 pm

I am having surgery in London. I was assigned to Dr Elnahas. There are only 2 surgeons and I am told they assist one and other. I did ask about being booked with Dr Elnahas but I would have to wait until January so I agreed to the other surgeon. I don't have concerns with his competence I just wish I had a chance to meet him.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, seeing how far you have come in less than a year is very motivating. I am hoping that losing more weight will improve my mobility and get rid of some of the meds I take. There's so much more I want to do ?

Most Active
Recent Topics