Optifast Burps

wrkinprogress
on 10/31/18 1:45 pm

Happy Halloween Everyone

Today is my 3rd day (of 28 total) for Optifast. I don't mind the taste at all but the first day I felt soooo bloated and didn't think I was going to get all 4 shakes in but I did.

I spaced them out a bit further and that helped but I'm still burping a lot. Did anyone else have this and I'm wondering why. Maybe it's because I'm making them into a shake with my Magic Bullet (infuses air?)

Curious minds want to know!

crqvingchange
on 11/1/18 4:26 am

They are pretty thick. I think they do that so we feel fuller. Maybe smaller sips might help.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

luckylaura73
on 11/4/18 3:30 pm
RNY on 11/23/18

I started optifast yesterday morning. I was burping a lot too but not so much today.

I personally hate the taste of the optifast. The protein taste is terrible. I have tried flavouring it many ways & can only choke it down when blended with A LOT of ice. I also have a bad metallic taste in my mouth as well since starting.

I have not been able to consume the 4 packs a day. I get in three. They make me very bloated & uncomfortable.

Any advice would be welcomed. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics