Second week of opti fast and I miss eating

Jasinana
on 11/20/18 12:30 pm

The first week wasn't too bad, I found I didn't like the sugar free flavorings so I am using decaf coffee, cinnamon and coconut extract to change things up. I miss the act of eating ... Im not necessarily hungry but finding it emotionally challenging. My sister had a big gathering to celebrate Christmas on Saturday. I worked until 6 but went out after the meal so I didn't feel I missed anything until it was time to go and everyone started to divi up the left overs and I felt a bit left out ... I know I have to keep working on not equating food with social inclusion and that is a work in progress. This weekend a group that I am on the social committee for, is having their Christmas potluck. I am going to help set up but leave before the meal because with surgery on Tuesday I can't afford to tempt myself but I have made plans to go back later to join some friends for a walk through the park and the first night of celebration of lights displays. This a very different Christmas season for me, I love to bake and cook and feed family & friends. When I am done my small pity party I will start thinking about some healthier Christmas traditions.

SweetRide1
on 11/20/18 5:27 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

It's a tough time of year to be doing Opti that's for sure. I started New Year's Eve day so I got "left out" of all the food and drink on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. It was tough but I got through it.

Here's the thing...what is going to happen for you in the next little while is going to be awesome. This is just the start of a whole new you.

Embrace it. Change how you are thinking. It's not about what you're missing out on, it's about what's in store for you.

I had people over on New Year's Day and I prepared all the food. They ate while I drank Opti. I didn't exclude myself. Take part...take your Opti with you. Be a part of the fun. You don't have to eat to enjoy your friends.

You've got this.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Jasinana
on 11/21/18 5:06 am

Thank You! I think I will stay after all. It's a bring your family event and my daughter and almost 2 yr old granddaughter agreed to go with me. I'm going to enjoy the company and the laughs that come with dining with a toddler ?

VioletFemme
on 11/24/18 1:32 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

Girl, this is my biggest fear. I have optifast over Christmas and New Years and I worry so much much that I'll miss eating and cheat. At least you know true cause (equating food with social inclusion) and found a solution (joining friends for a walk).

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Jasinana
on 11/24/18 11:29 pm

The few times I have been tempted would remind myself that I have come this far and don't want to waste the feeling of aging this challenge. The extra bump in weight loss is also a great motivator. Make yourself some festive coloured sugar free jello and by some rum extract, add some cinnamon and nutmeg to the vanilla shake and it's a pretty good egg nog knock off.

L C.
on 11/24/18 1:41 pm
Jasinana
on 11/24/18 11:19 pm

I love the second birthday idea. You have a awesome attitude Lana, with success stamped all over

The potluck scared me but with some encouragement I went, I had a good time and the only sort of slip was I had a cup of broth from a wonderful turkey vegetable soup, I did strain out the solids but it was the most flavorful broth I've eaten to date. I wasn't even tempted by the deserts.

I'm ready for Tuesday to be here so I can do this.

Most Active
Recent Topics