What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 11/21/18 4:10 am

Hi Menu Peeps. This is going to have to be a drive by posting. Today swimming, yoga, errands.

Accountability: Good.

The eats: decaf, meatloaf with gravy and green beans, egg and sausage patty. I reserve the right to eat these in any order I choose.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/21/18 6:28 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I didn't get out yesterday so I'm going to get the dog food and groceries today.

I'm in a bit of a funk food and weight-wise... I caught myself on a video yesterday and realized how much weight I have really gained. I have been making small improvements but I'm still eating too many calories per day. I think I will try to set meal times and try not snacking in between... It's going to be a fine balance and I'm not looking forward to it but I would be a hundred times worse if I kept going in the wrong direction.

Post-op three years and eight months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - carrots and PB

Lunch - chicken leg and rice

Snack - Greek yogurt and banana

Dinner - pork chops

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 11/21/18 6:45 pm

We have talked about this before, we both need to take our time when eating and wait for the I'm done eating ques. The struggle is real. The only ones that don't see the struggle are the newbies on their honeymoon period.

If you get a chance - I know easier said then done- log it in MFP and see where you can tweak the menu to get more fibrous veg to help fill you up, more nutrient dense foods, and more fats for satiety. Avocado is higher in potassium than a banana with less carbs to spike insulin. I have heard you can make chocolate pudding with them using real cocoa powder, avocados and sweetener. Never made it, but I would give it a try. When I get back, we can have a challenge to create nutrient dense, satisfying, sides and sweet or snack treats. I can get super lazy with my menu, but I need to be better and more conscious of the quality and balance of nutrients that I am taking in.

Anyone can join in and contribute ideas.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/21/18 7:02 pm - Canada

I was also thinking I need to go back and look at old MFP days to see what I was eating. I should get back on Pinterest to look for healthy ideas like the pudding and mug cakes you recommended. DH and I had a deep talk tonight about turning things around. And you're so right, I need to slow down when I'm eating. And get rid of my plate when I'm full so I don't pick at it.

crqvingchange
on 11/22/18 3:34 am

We both have to slow down. Life gets so hectic and somehow that translates into gobbling my food down. This being mindful stuff is hard.

Ginnny
on 11/21/18 8:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hey CC...busy busy busy!! LOL Hit the gym this morning for the recumbent bike and some weights.

Today is the Trucker and I's anniversary. He's put up with me for 8 years (or vice versa). We are going out tonight to East Side Mario's, he loves pasta and doesn't get it often. I will have the salad and of course some of that yummy bread will be going down my gullet. I'll likely have a steak or some form of chicken which will most likely come home and be my lunch for tomorrow.

2 years 7 mos

GF - premier protein shake

B - 2 egg cups

S - not yet.....going to grab my yogurt

L - summer sausage sandwich on skinny bread (wasn't thinking....forgot I will be eating bread tonight, should have chose something different)

S - deli turkey/cheese stick

D - TBD

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 11/21/18 6:49 pm

Happy Anniversary Love Birds. Hope you found something yummy at East Side. I do like the Basa fillet with grilled veg, and unlimited salad or soup. I've ordered just meatballs and cheese there too, and I think the Hell's chicken.

Ginnny
on 11/22/18 5:37 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I ordered Jr Chicken Parm, didn't figure I needed a meal the size of my head as they described the regular portion....didn't take the pasta and had salad and a couple slices of bread. It wasn't as good as it used to be. In the "old days" my girlfriend and I would skip the gym and go to East Side. Eat about 5 loaves of bread between us, a couple of the salads and end up taking our meals home. Last night it actually crossed my mind that I wished I could eat like a "normal" person. Then I remembered I am normal......

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics