What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 12/5/18 4:51 am

Good morning Menu Peeps. I am continuing my quest to finish my to do list before I fly south. Yesterday I got a lot accomplished. Let's hope that today I am equally productive.

Accountability: Not bad.

Question of the Day: What time do you usually go to bed? Do you have a set time that you always follow? Now that I'm older I start yawning earlier (embarrassingly early). I try to fight the tiredness for as long as possible.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Protein Latte, rivers of decaf

B2. The other egg bite sous vide leftover from yesterday

L. Salad with grilled chicken, Brie, walnuts and WF Honey/Dijon dressing maybe some bacon crumbles

D. Roasted Veg and Chicken burger, more Brie melted on top and definitely some bacon

S. Hot turmeric protein latte.

Have a great day everyone.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 12/5/18 6:51 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I think today we might sort out clothes. I have bins all over my living room to pack stuff to store away. We have a bunch of people coming over the holidays staying various days so I need to get organized :) I've also decided to try making a roast for dinner -- cooking is not my forte. I honestly don't even know what ingredients we have on hand so I might have to make a quick run to the store.

Also, funny/gross-ish story from yesterday. On Saturday we went to Shoppers and DH bought a carton of eggs since they were on sale. Yesterday I went to go to the dentist and found the eggs still in my car. Based on the temperature changes over the past three days I'm guessing they are no longer edible... What a waste!!

QOTD: we have a bedtime range -- usually 9-10pm but sometimes different depending on naps and feeding. I really prefer to be in bed by 10pm... Especially because the pups like to get up early. Last night every time I moved one of the dogs would steal my spot so I spent a lot of time pushing them around to make room for myself lol.

Post-op three years and nine months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - Greek yogurt and berries

Lunch - chicken leftovers

Snack - carrots and PB (if my teeth feel up to the crunch)

Dinner - roast and squash

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 12/5/18 10:13 am

Yeah, I wouldn't trust those eggs.

Not much help with roasts. I put it in the oven on convection roast, make a prepackaged gravy a side veg and hope for the best. If it's not great, I try to salvage it by putting it in the crockpot to soften up. Some of our best beef curries have been the result of a roast gone wrong.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 12/5/18 10:39 am - Canada

I found a recipe online that started with cooking bacon... I feel like it would be hard to go wrong with bacon and roast lol. Usually I do the old onion soup standby but I decided to be fancy. I'm using the slow cooker. That's more my speed. But... I'm getting an instant pot for Christmas (shhhh) and I'm excited to see what I can do with that.

crqvingchange
on 12/6/18 3:50 am

I'm excited that you are getting an instapot for Christmas. Now you can tell me what works in one.

corriev
on 12/6/18 8:43 am
VSG on 03/06/18

they work so well - highly recommended.. and so fast..

corriev
on 12/5/18 10:13 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello peeps - Wow is it ever cold this morning.. I try and get up early and get a few hours of hunting before i head to work, but not today wow!!!

QOTD - im done by 9, then ill chat a with my wife till about 9:30 - 10 and that it for me.. i am up early though, i am typically up and showered by 5am, then i make a tea, put the news on and start swallowing vitamins for the hour..

My pursuit for protein -

B - Protein shake with chia

S - skyre

l - Tuna in water

S - Spits seeds

D - roast chicken breast tonight.

S - Left over

Carbs - 17

Cal - 648

Prot - 102

crqvingchange
on 12/5/18 10:17 am

Really good stats Corrie. You must be feeling well if you are up at 5:00 and asleep by 10:00.

I was going to ask you where you buy your biltong?

Most Active
Recent Topics