14 days out of VSG - Feeling great!

wrkinprogress
on 12/11/18 11:44 am, edited 12/11/18 11:49 am

Well hello all you supportive peeps!

I had surgery on Nov 26th at St.Mikes - ended up with VSG which is what they anticipated. I honestly can't believe how great I felt even in the couple days after surgery while staying in the hospital. I was out of bed the same day I had surgery (only to the bathroom) but just had one dose of pain meds in order to sleep that night. The doctors said everything went great and I only have good things to say about everyone at that hospital. The nurses were in shock that I was so alert and active but I do have a high pain tolerance so I'm sure that helped. My only complaint was that I was soooo thirsty and they would only let me have 3 TINY ice chips every couple hours,,, no water until end of 2nd day. My family was rofl because as soon as I'd see ice or hear a nurse ask about ice,, my heart rate would jump and set the monitor off !! It was pretty funny.

We took the train home (3 hrs) and it didn't bother me at all. Full liquids actually tasted good and I got probably 2 litres of water in by end of week 1. Today I pureed up some homemade soup and might even cook up a poached egg. YUMM

As for energy,,, its getting there. I felt like I could go back to work this week but am just going in half days for a few days so I don't overdo it which I tend to . I still lay down for an hour or so in the afternoon but am amazed that I feel pretty much back to normal. Is this common with VSG vs RNY?

Great to be back and be starting this new chapter!!

Hugggs to everyone

Oh and I am down 100 lbs from highest weight ,, yay!

Ginnny
on 12/11/18 1:00 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I'm not sure its a VSG vs RNY thing or more just everybody is different. I had RNY and felt like you're describing.

Good luck to you!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

SweetRide1
on 12/12/18 10:26 am
RNY on 01/16/18

Great News! I'm glad you are feeling so well.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active
Recent Topics