What are you eating/doing today -- Monday?

Meggles07
on 1/28/19 3:23 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Sleepless nights and stress eating...

We are putting in an offer on a house today or tomorrow after seeing four on Saturday. We originally had put together an offer for one house and DH changed his mind at the eleventh hour to the one that I wanted to put an offer on lol. Our poor realtor -- apparently he texted her at 1am yesterday while I was sleeping. I spent most of yesterday packing and decluttering the bedrooms. We had a staging consultant give us notes, which is going to include painting our kitchen. It is the only room we haven't touched since moving in because we had planned to completely renovate it at some point. I also need to pick up some filler putty to fix some nail holes and then I will touch up the paint in all the rooms.

However, I think today will be spent hibernating from the snow we are supposed to get. I'm wide awake too early for two reasons -- stressing about all the house things (our current one and the potential one) and my pup had a breathing episode in her sleep. Her breed can have a flattened windpipe and when it collapses she has trouble breathing and makes a gasping sound. It is very scary when it happens, and we were all sleeping when it started.

QOTD: what colour should I paint the kitchen? It is currently a deep red colour however I'm thinking I will paint it grey to match our living room. My dream kitchen colour would be a light meadow green (for this house). My favourite colour is blue, but I can't see a blue kitchen -- at least not here. Our bathroom is blue which I find great for relaxing.

Post-op three years and ten months.

Breakfast 1 - protein bar

Breakfast 2 - Greek yogurt with blueberries

Snack - hoping to have a nap lol.

Lunch - leftover chicken strips

Snack - carrots and PB

Dinner - TBD. Probably something with ground beef.

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

wrkinprogress
on 1/28/19 6:20 am

Good morning

Sorry to hear you are stressing but with so much house hunting as well as trying to prep your own house for sale while caring for a baby would get to anyone! You should definitely get a rest in whenever the little one is napping,,,,you DON'T want to end up sick. Hoping you find "the" house that suits your family very soon ;)

I would say to go with a fairly neutral paint for the kitchen since it's easier for buyers to imagine their own spin on décor if its not something too bold. Lighter colours also make the room look bigger! Mine is a medium taupe and I have changed the décor a few times since I bought the house 8 years ago.

B - greek yogurt

S - boiled egg

L - 2 chicken skewers

S - 1/2 protein shake

D - chili if I get it made in IP

S - 1/2 protein shake

Bundle up - snow is on the way today!

crqvingchange
on 1/28/19 1:27 pm

That is exciting news about the offer Meg. Fingers crossed that everything goes the way you want it to.

As for the kitchen, I agree to paint it neutral and have accent pieces for pops of colour. You can take the accent pieces with you to your new house, .

I hope your little pup is feeling better today.

Hibernating is what I have planned for today. Too cold, plus I have to get things done at home.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 1/29/19 5:28 am - Canada

Are you home? This snow must feel like a shock!!

Most Active
Recent Topics