Breakfast ideas to grab and go

Sunny2018
on 2/3/19 4:29 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Hello All.

Any breakfast ideas to share? My main choices are as follows, but always looking for some new ideas:

• Overnight oatmeal with Stevia/or sugar free maple syrup (sometimes throw in 2 raspberries - yum!)
  • hard boiled egg with a sugar free yogurt
  • WW English muffin (good protein in it) with 1 tbsp. peanut butter and 1 tsp sugar free jam (1/2 for breakfast, 1/2 for morning break)
  • Sugar free, 5 gr protein bread with egg and cheese (my Sat morning treat while reading a book)
  • PC protein pancakes with sugar free syrup or sugar free jam
  • 1/2 hour after eating, I enjoy a large decaf coffee - now that was hard getting use to, not eating and drinking my coffee at same time!

Have a great week!

Sunny

Ginnny
on 2/4/19 5:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

This past weekend I made sausage egg cups. I used 10 eggs, 3 sausages (removed the case) and cooked them up crumbled, red pepper, green onion and 75 grams shredded cheddar. I mixed it all together and poured it into 6 large muffin tins. Cooked for about 25 mins at 350. Yummers.

Alternatively, I've also made them (in regular muffin tins) using 2 slices of deli ham, then just some shredded cheese in the bottom and crack an egg on top. I break the yolk and then cook them. Line the muffin cup with the 2 slices of ham.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Sunny2018
on 2/4/19 4:12 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Sounds great - I will try this on the weekend, as it will set me up for the week - thanks Ginny!

Sunny

Loril1963
on 2/5/19 3:24 pm
RNY on 10/28/16

Ohh I like that recipe. I make a lot of different egg mixtures in a muffin tin. This sounds yummy.

wrkinprogress
on 2/4/19 6:15 am

This is similar to Ginny's recommendation.

I have all the ingredients to try the egg bites in my instant pot but haven't tried making them yet. They are super packed with protein as the recipe includes eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt and whatever meat or veggie you want to add.

Apparently you can freeze them and just microwave as you need them.

Sunny2018
on 2/4/19 4:13 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Thanks wrkinprogress - I like the idea of adding cottage cheese. Excellent!

Sunny

KellyH67
on 2/4/19 8:20 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 02/19/14

I've made the egg bites and they're pretty good. I've taken to making a couple sausage patties at once and then putting them in baggies in the fridge. Because I work where we have a kitchen, I take a raw egg (still in the shell) in a small tupperware container to work and make a scrambled egg in the microwave and just reheat the sausage. I'd gained some weight back so I enrolled in a doctor supervised weight loss program and she's having me eat more keto, so I tend to avoid carbs as much as possible...that said, I found an AMAZING recipe to make 3-4 almond flour waffles. I can only eat half so I'll put some peanut butter on one quarter and some sugar free jam on the other and just go. I put the leftovers in the fridge and I'll toast them for a snack or do the same thing the next morning. But I've also just grabbed a hard boiled egg and a cheese stick.

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence I can reach for.  Perfection I leave up to God."  Michael J. Fox

Lucile777
on 2/5/19 12:47 pm

Premier protein chocolate shake (room temperature).

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

Lucile777
on 2/5/19 12:50 pm

Premier protein chocolate shake (room temperature).

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

Most Active
Recent Topics