Wharton Clinic - Has anyone else tried?

StevesGal
on 2/7/19 7:17 am - Hamilton, Canada

Although I'm also checking out revision surgery, my GP has referred me (and my family) to the Wharton Medical Clinic as well. (My daughter is still considered pediatric at 17 - they are booking into September(!) for that and she'll be 18 in October, so the WC booking person decided we should wait the extra few weeks and start her as an adult. She'll follow along with us on our journey in the interim.)

Anyway, my husband, son and I are joining the Wharton Clinic in Hamilton later this month. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them and what your thoughts are. I have heard good things from a few friends, but would like more info.

Thanks.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

SweetRide1
on 2/7/19 3:12 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

I came through the Wharton Clinic in Hamilton and it was an excellent experience.

I was in the Surgical Program. It is different if you are in the medical program.

Kim (nurse), Catherine (Nutritionist), Christine (Therapist), Dr. Poddar (Internist) and Dorothy (Reception) are absolutely awesome. I cannot say enough good things about them. I was always treated respectfully, my questions were always answered and not trivialized.

Catherine is amazing, understanding, kind, smart, accommodating. She is very knowledgeable and gave me lots of support as I worked my way through a new way of eating.

If you are in the surgical program, these are the folks you will be dealing with.

I was in the medical program prior to being referred for WLS. TBH, I didn't have the same feel in the medical program as I did in the Surgical and I dealt with different people.

All in all my dealings with the Clinic have been very good. I was discharged from the program in January and I cried when I realized I had to say good-bye. I'm going to miss them. Tell them Jill said hi!

Are you being referred for surgery?

Jill

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

StevesGal
on 2/8/19 12:00 pm - Hamilton, Canada

Hi, Jill. Thanks for the information.

I had WLS in 2011, but through many trials and tribulations, and life, I've gained back about 75% of what I'd lost. My bad. Also, I had an ulcer burst a few years back, so my ulcer surgeon referred me back to my WLS surgeon for follow ups because it was in the pouch. Since then, I've been thinking about (and to some extent, working towards) revision surgery. BUT in the meantime, I'm going to try the Wharton Clinic with my family. And as you said, they can refer you for WLS. So my background is a bit mixed up when it comes to all this.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

lexxiblue
on 2/11/19 2:11 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

Hey Beth

I wouldn't say you're bad... the operation isn't the be all and end all to our weight loss issues! I betcha there are a lot of us who have regained.... omg... I bet the percentage is very high!! We all have our reasons... myself I went through a lot of big changes the summer of 2017 and the sudden loss of my sister put me over the top... I haven't gained a lot back.. but I need to get back in control.. sooner than later!! So please... you're not bad!!! AND you're doing something about it too!!4

Take care of you

Lexxi

Most Active
Recent Topics