Revision to DS

loveme2012
on 2/9/19 8:24 am, edited 2/9/19 4:53 pm

Hi there,

I'm from Manitoba. I was sleeved 7 yrs ago Feb 2012 in Richmond, BC but due to my unresolved medical issues including Sleep Apnea, Hypertension. Oh, not to mention that Post surgery I developed GERD and was recently diagnosed with Severe Osteoarthritis of the spine. Now today with my weight at 275lbs, I am still not at goal(135lbs to go) and in far too great pain & discomfort. I need to consider a revision to Bypass or a Conversion to the full DS surgery.

Don't get me wrong, my sleeve has been the best to me since I was 429 lbs on my surgery day with my highest over 500lbs and barely living(my lowest at 247lbs). Yes, I have regained (30lbs so far). With my spine in such condition, I simply cannot afford the lbs. I've had enough of the excruciating pain and all the medication that I'm on. I have tried "Rebooting my Sleeve" to no avail. So it's just not enough anymore..

Out of Country/Self-Paying is out of the question.

What are my options? Is Revision even an option for me? Where do I start? I've heard Alberta has a Revision Program, is this true? I'm aware that Ontario does the DS Surgery but is that only for ON residents? If not, who do I contact?

Thank you in advance

crqvingchange
on 2/11/19 9:35 am

You might try contacting the Ontario Bariatric Network and see if they can provide some guidance on who to contact in your province. It is doubtful that you would be covered in Ontario. Good luck.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics