What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 2/14/19 3:32 am

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

This morning I'm going swimming, running some errands, and then meeting a friend for coffee. I'm still not feeling completely recovered, so tonight we are getting takeout from out favourite restaurant instead of going out for Valentine's Day dinner.

QOTD: This is will be a hard one to answer for me, but what are you doing this Valentine's Day to show yourself some love? We tend to always put others first and forget about caring for ourselves. I suppose not cooking, and taking the time to go and have a natter and a giggle with a friend over coffee today. Also not eating the dessert that comes with the dinner is showing me that I am worth so much more than a stout brownie with macerated cherries and chantilly cream, lol.

The eats today at 4 years post-op of are:

B. Let's all sing the coffee song.

L. Meg's sausage stew with some super rich sour cream on top

S. Coffee, coffee, coffee.

D. Crab cakes with avocado mayo and roasted red pepper salsa, Grilled Flat Iron steak, sweet potato puree, brown butter sauteed oyster mushrooms, and sauce Bordelaise. NO dessert, lol

S. A warm cup of Crio Bru.

Have a great day everyone. Love you guys.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 2/14/19 5:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

I have a meeting this afternoon in a neighboring City so at least it's a nice short day.

We don't go all out for this day. Prices are jacked up everywhere and my Trucker is pretty good at bring me home flowers randomly! Also, bought him a few new shirts and shorts for our trip next week and apparently we are going out on the weekend to get me a couple of "good" bathing suits.

Not a good day for menu planning -

B - 1/2 everything bagel, cheese slice, 1 egg

S - 4 triscuits with cheese

L - TBD

S - likely unnecessary

D - TBD

Have a Lovely day!!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 2/14/19 7:25 am

Ginny it's nice that he gets you flowers. I'm interested to know what qualifies as a "good bathing suit". Don't forget to get a matching "good" beach coverup. Oh and good beach flipflops.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 2/14/19 8:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I took that to mean that he really didn't like the way my $22 Costco suits fit me! If he wants to spend the big money on a nice suit (I'm thinking My Top Drawer) then hey who am I to argue!! I'm sure they do have much better support but they're really isn't anywhere to tuck in the extra squishy parts!! LOL

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

wrkinprogress
on 2/14/19 8:52 am

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm back at work today after taking yesterday off for my 3 month check-up at the hospital including nutritionist consult and physician consult. All my blood work was on target and they are happy with how things have progressed this far. I thought I should be losing quicker after surgery but they said that the gradual steady weight loss is likely because I had lost a significant amount before surgery while eating similar to what I am post surgery. I'm down 124 lbs from my highest weight when this all started so I'm definitely not complaining!

QOTD: I use this day to treat my kids usually with some spending money and a nice card with a hand-written note telling them how proud I am of them. I also get a funny card for my BFF who is single and never enjoys the Valentine's Day hoopla.

B - protein shake

S - greek yogurt

L - chicken veggie soup with unflavoured protein powder added

S - turkey pepperette

D - chicken breast, mushrooms ,broccoli, parm

S - boiled egg

crqvingchange
on 2/14/19 9:44 am

You are doing such an amazing job.

You're a good BFF.

Most Active
Recent Topics