What are you eating/doing this Wednesday?

crqvingchange
on 2/20/19 4:35 am

Good morning everyone. Apart from some high cholesterol numbers, my appointment with the internist went well yesterday. Even my iron numbers were good.

The Costco in Guelph has a box of 32 hardboiled eggs on sale for $9.99. They are in 16 snack packs of 2 eggs. The expiry on my package is mid April. These are great for quick snacks and a good hit of protein.

My poor kitty has to wear a cone for a week. He is bouncing off the walls because he can't see. The cone only comes off when he eats and someone has to be with him while he's eating to make sure he doesn't lick his stitches or pick at them.

QOTD: Do you have problems falling asleep, or waking up in the middle of the night? Any suggestions on how to combat this?

The eats today at 4 years post-op are.

B. The decaf coffee song

L. Big(ish) salad with HB eggs, bacon, avocado, Dijon/Honey dressing.

D. Spicy Italian sausage with broccoli and buttah.

S. Protein latte before bed.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 2/20/19 5:05 am - Canada

Good morning :)

The salmon adventure did not turn out well for me or the little nugget, but DH is happy because he gets all the leftovers to himself. I am just not a fish fan...

We don't have much planned today. The mortgage broker is coming to return our deposit from the last house we looked at and I'm going to talk to her more about next steps.

Sounds like we are going to have some wonky weather for the next few days so we won't make too many firm plans.

QOTD: I'm a terrible sleeper with no good advice but I'm curious to see what other people say. My only suggestion which I don't even follow myself is to limit screen time in the evenings (phone, tv, etc.).

Post-op three years and eleven months.

Breakfast - milk

Snack - protein bar

Lunch - curried chickpeas and rice

Snack - Greek yogurt and blueberries

Dinner - bunless burgers

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

wrkinprogress
on 2/20/19 12:35 pm

Hi menu gals,

Great to hear you had good results from the internist and also glad to see you are feeling better. (according to your menu) That's a great deal on hardboiled eggs since a dozen eggs runs $3 or more as it is. I did mine in the instant pot,,,,,, wow so easy and they peel effortlessly!

Meg - don't give up on fish,,,,, grilling it with some nice spices may help you enjoy it more once summer comes.

QOTD: I can't say that I've ever had any huge issues sleeping but I also stay up until midnight and am up getting ready by 6:30 or 7 depending on the day. I don't eat anything after 8 and keep it to jus****er every night. Maybe you need to either dress warmer for bed or use a heavier blanket..... when I'm cozy I always feel like dozing off. Have you ever had a sleep test? I do have a CPAP and would say I feel much more rested than I ever did without it.

B - greek yogurt

S - boiled egg

L - homemade spring rolls

S - turkey pepperette

D - chicken skewers, small salad

S - 1/2 protein shake

Most Active
Recent Topics