Almost There!!

marsbar
on 3/5/19 4:21 pm - scarborough Ontario, Canada
RNY on 03/15/19

Just another quick update I went to see Dr. Hagen again for the last time before my surgery and received my optifast which I've started on March 1/19. I went and did my preop on Monday March 4/19. So far things are going well with me I don't mind the taste of both flavors sometimes I might add a little flavorings to the vanilla but that's just to give my taste buds a little switch. I sometimes munch on cucumbers and peppers during the day but at night I always have a vegetable broth soup which I love and it fills me up before bed.

I haven't been able to get through the 4 packs/day plus my water but otherwise I haven't been too hungry.

My surgery is next Friday March 15/19 and so far my anxiety hasn't kicked in yet but I know it will. If anyone has any tips or tricks for me while I'm on this phase of my journey I would love and appreciate it.

Thanks

Mar

Referral: 2014 Medical Orientation: June 2018 Dr. Glazer: Sept 2018 Transfered to Surgical Program: Sept 2018 Dr. Hagen Sept 2018 Surgical Orientation: Oct 2018 Trio Appointments: Jan 2019 Second Meet the Surgeon (received optifast) Feb 2019 Preop March 4 2019 Surgery March 15 2019!!

Mellywog
on 3/6/19 10:57 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Hey Mar,

Glad to hear everything is moving along for you. I booked my surgery date with Dr. Hagen for June 17th. It could have been much sooner but due to work issues, I pushed it back.

What flavors are you adding to the Opti? How have your first 6 days been?

My anxiety kick in last weekend out of nowhere, and last night I had a dream that I forgot to do the optifast but they did the surgery anyway, I woke up in a panic this morning. Lol

Melissa

crqvingchange
on 3/8/19 4:07 am

I added decaf coffee crystals to my Opti, blended it with a lot of ice.

You've got this girl. I am saving a comfy spot for you beside me on the loser's bench.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics