Feeling emotionally unsure

Jasinana
on 4/8/19 7:22 am

I had my surgery Nov 27 and am now less than 5 lbs from my goal weight. I missed my appointment at the clinic due to bad weather in Feb and not going in until the end of May. I'm still losing and while I know lots of people go below goal weight (and my goal still has me at slightly overweight but lower than I have been since grade 9 ) how does the body know when stop dropping or at least slow down.

crqvingchange
on 4/11/19 4:05 am

Your body will start to adjust and stop losing. As time progresses you can eat more, old habits try to return (don't let them), new villi form. I have been on the forum for more than 5 years and have seen that most people have a slight regain and some regain quite a lot. I don't say this with judgement, it's just my observation.

Maintenance is really hard and the further out from surgery, the harder it gets. At the 3 year mark, many have experienced a little regain, and that's why some try to lose a little more than to their goal weight. You need only search the forums for regain to read their stories. You are still in the honeymoon phase and will still lose easily.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Jasinana
on 4/12/19 4:18 pm

Thanks for the response. I am very motivated to make the best use of the surgery and eating changes to maintain a healthy weight and improve my overall health as I have yoyo-ed since I was 8 years old. Its just very strange as I haven't weighed less than 180lbs in 40 years. Lots of adjusting and I appreciate the discussions found on the forum.

Most Active
Recent Topics