New Here

Splatty
on 6/3/19 4:08 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm new here and just starting on my way in this new journey.

I have only had my orientation and am awaiting my first appointment with the psychiatric assessment but that isn't until august. My surgery will be at TWH assuming i'm approved.

selkiem
on 6/5/19 7:04 am

welcome! Good luck on the coming journey. At the beginning it seems like forever but before you know it, your surgery date will be set and you're on the way. I'm at TWH as well and am having my RNY next Tuesday, June 11. It's an excellent program and there is a reason for taking their time with it - so we all understand exactly what we're doing and understand this is just a tool, not a solution - that the solution lies in our own determination to make the changes we need to make!

Splatty
on 6/5/19 3:20 pm

Thanks for the welcome! good luck with your surgery. I will be interested to see how you managed.

lexxiblue
on 7/29/19 4:50 am
RNY on 01/11/12

GREAT POST!! some need to remember, that WLS is a TOOL.. and not a solution... and after the honeymoon stage or even during when they've hit a stall... they start looking for a "diet" to go on... or they want to fast or just do shakes... isn't this why we had WLS to begin with?? that didn't work!! OUR heads need to make the tool survive... great post!!!

Mellywog
on 6/5/19 11:09 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Welcome!!

vindy5193
on 6/6/19 7:16 am

Hi there,

I am going through the program at TWH too. Just had my 2nd appointment - Met with the Nurse.

They are all so great, they listened to all my concerns answered every questions (I had a lot), at the end of each appointment they told me next steps, what to prepare for and both said have given stamp of approval, and what type of surgery they think I am best suited for.

I was advised it's about 1 year to 18 months from referral to surgery date.

Good luck!

Splatty
on 6/13/19 3:08 pm

I have taken the orientation and my first appointment with the psychiatrist is in august. I'm prepared for a long wait but now that I've made the decision to do it i'm wishing it would just happen. I guess its good to start making changes now and prepare for whats coming.

Tuktu
on 6/6/19 2:39 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

Welcome to the forum - lots of wonderful people and information here

Most Active
Recent Topics