Toronto Restaurant Help!

Chrissyq333
on 6/13/19 9:56 am - Sudbury, ON
RNY on 10/29/18

I am 7 months out from surgery, down over 100 lbs now, and me and the Hubby are taking a trip down south to Toronto for the weekend. What and where do you like to eat that is somewhat bariatric friendly downtown Toronto? Please note that I am also allergic to eggs since before surgery and I also have not had any issues eating anything as of yet (except a dried fig, won't be doing that again lol), I don't eat white bread, white rice or simple carbs at all. I will be bringing and buying stuff from the grocery stores as well but the hubby would like to take me out for dinner a couple times throughout our trip. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Referral date: March 20, 2018 Orientation Date: May 30, 2018 Surgery date: October 29, 2018 with Dr Rotstein at St Micheal's in Toronto.

Ginnny
on 6/14/19 8:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I am not familiar with Toronto restaurants but you can usually always find something bariatric friendly anywhere you go. Just skip the carb side, ask for sauce on the side, you can find protein anywhere.

Have a good weekend!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 6/15/19 1:02 pm

There are good chicken BBQ places. Ask for no sauce, and add your own hot sauce if so inclined. Also Nandos has unbreaded chicken. You can go to most places. Just choose a protein (manage any sauce), choose a non-starchy veg for your side (broccoli, peppers, asparagus etc). Steak, seafood, chicken, it's all good.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

SweetRide1
on 6/16/19 2:43 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

I eat in restaurants in Toronto all the time. Don't be afraid to make adjustments to the food, i.e., no potatoes just veggies or not candied pecans in the salad. Salad Dressing on the side. Just be prepared to bring food home with you. I can never finish what's on my plate.

I also look at the appetizers. Sometimes I just order from the starter or appetizer menu. Smoked salmon and a small salad or grilled calamari, shrimp ****tail etc.

Good Luck!

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active
Recent Topics