Hey all this is for the toronto western patients

kitten992107_
on 6/18/19 5:16 pm

I was just wondering what kind of pre op plan toronto western has?

Anyone send me a pic or give me info that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Kat

Ps good luck in all of your journeys.

Referral-10/30/2018, Orientation-January/30/2019,

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/19 8:20 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

I did 1.5 weeks of SlimTime pre op.

kitten992107_
on 6/18/19 8:30 pm

Was it just the slim time or were u allowed veggies and broth Etc?

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/19 8:34 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

In addition to the 4 SlimTime per day I was allowed:

clear broth, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, decaffeinated tea or coffee

selkiem
on 6/20/19 7:04 am

I am a week and 2 days post-RNY at TWH! I was on SlimTime for 2 weeks before it. Clear broth (Campbell's Ramen broth was my favourite - 15 calories versus the 10 calories recommended, so I would allow myself 3/4 of a serving - usually had 1-2 a day), sugarless jello (amazing how attractive it is when there is nothing else!), as noted by another commentator,sugarless popsicles but I never did find any! There is a trick to the Slimtime so if you want some of the methods I used, let me know. Not going to lie, it's pretty unpalatable BUT there are ways to make it tastier and easier to ingest!

kitten992107_
on 6/20/19 9:46 am

Thats great yes please any info you are willing to give i would appreciate.

selkiem
on 6/20/19 10:49 am

OK! So you get a choice of vanilla and chocolate - if it were me, I would go with more chocolate than vanilla but that's personal preference. I'm a coffee drinker so I found the best mix for me with the chocolate was a sort of mochas. I would make a cup of instant coffee decaf (Full Disclosure - I'm a coffee snob but this works well and is quick for this! LOL) - put in fridge until chilled. Then one package of chocolate SlimTime+1 cup of chilled coffee+ ice and cold water - blend (I use a Nutra Ninja****il thick, frothy and thick. Drink up! It's not bad at all. Another alternative but not my preferred was adding Crystal Lite cherry spritz to chocolate Slimtime for a sort of Chocolate Cherry but still too sweet - I like the way the coffee cuts the sweet chocolate flavour.

The vanilla was a little more challenging. It is WAY WAY too sweet so the trick is to cut that somehow. The best I came up with was one package of vanilla SlimTime, several pieces of ice, a package of the Crystal Lite Tangerine Grapefruit crystals and cold water. Blend WELL, sort of ends up tasting like a bad Creamsicle - but drinkable. Crystal Lite has tons of different flavours - liquid and crystals - experiment and find one you like. The other one I liked was vanilla Slimtime, lots of ice, cold water and a good spritz of the Crystal Lite Aloha Pineapple Coconut (sort of a Pina Colada thing)- and the Mi0 Cranberry Raspberry one which gives you a different, tarter flavour and is good contrast to the sweetness of the Slimtime.

I also loved the Campbells Raman broth- just cut serving size slightly - I usually had two a day.

Then sugarless jello every single day! I also drank LOTS of water.

Good luck!

kitten992107_
on 6/20/19 10:58 am

Wow that is alot of hgreat info. I just started drinking coffee so I am still trying to figure out how I like it. Are you able to get a mix of chocolate and vanilla slim time?, or can you only pic 1 flavor.

selkiem
on 6/20/19 11:01 am
On June 20, 2019 at 5:58 PM Pacific Time, kitten992107_ wrote:

Wow that is alot of hgreat info. I just started drinking coffee so I am still trying to figure out how I like it. Are you able to get a mix of chocolate and vanilla slim time?, or can you only pic 1 flavor.

They will give you a choicr. Will tell you how much you need (boxes)then you can split up the way it suits you.

kitten992107_
on 6/20/19 11:06 am

Oh ok just to make sure i understand when you say the boxes they give you, is that a mix of both flavors?.

Most Active
Recent Topics