How long until you get an appointment to meet internist?

ElleJayVee
on 7/4/19 9:36 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and am looking forward to learning from each and every one of you. Here's my back story: I was referred in 2018 to the Humber River Hospital for bariatric surgery. After I attended the information session I decided to proceed with the surgery and I met with the surgeon (Dr. Hagen). However, after that I decided against the surgery (nothing to do with the doctor). I wanted to give it another try on my own. But I failed to do so, so in 2019 I asked to be re-referred since I was still within the year. In March 4th 2019 I met with the nurse, nutritionist and social worker. They all gave me the go. I was told that I would get a call for the internist office (Dr. Glazer) with an appointment date. It's been 4 months and I still haven't received a call. Now, don't get me wrong. I know there are many people waiting and that the process is long. My question is really out of curiosity, and a bit of wanting to make sure I wasn't forgotten since my case is a bit different (I had all my appointments dates already assigned on my first time). Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the same thing, and if they did how long did it take for you to get a call?

Thanks in advanced!

crqvingchange
on 7/4/19 7:27 pm

Can't answer about Humber timelines, just wanted to say welcome.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

ElleJayVee
on 7/5/19 6:32 am

Thank you!

jayjen789
on 7/5/19 5:43 pm - Greater Toronto Area, , Canada
RNY on 12/12/18

Welcome!

I would give Dr. Glazer's office a call and see if they received your file from Humber. Dr. Glazer's office will usually call you once they have your file.

ElleJayVee
on 7/9/19 9:03 am

Thank you! I'll do just that.

Most Active
Recent Topics