What are you eating/doing today -- Tuesday?

Meggles07
on 7/30/19 4:47 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I need to pull some weeds in our backyard, but it will depend how much rain we get today :) We have a huge morning glory vine that is taking over our hydro meter. We didn't plant it -- it is just taking over and has grown from another garden.

QOTD: how do you make sure you get all your water in each day? And how much do you aim for? I'm supposed to get 2-3L because of low blood pressure, but I'm struggling to get over 2L. I've been starting my day with a glass of milk with SF Torani and water so I can get a good headstart on the day.

Post-op four years and four months.

Breakfast - milk

Snack - PB toast

Lunch - turkey and cheese

Snack - tbd

Dinner - pulled pork

Snack - oatmeal bar

All water and vits.

wrkinprogress
on 7/30/19 5:58 am

Good morning

Last night I just came home from work and relaxed since I'd been to the gym Sunday and I have training sessions both tonight and Wednesday. I think we are supposed to get rain too but for now the sun is shining even through I'm only enjoying it from my office window.

QOTD: I aim for 2.5L a day. When I first started this I went to Costco and bought a 3 pack of the Contigo bottles that are 750 ML. I have one at work, one at home and one that travels with me in car. My routine is fill it first thing in the morning and drink it by noon,,,, refill at lunchtime and make sure i am done by the end of my workday. (1500 ml at work) I fill one at home once I get there and drink it through the evening so that's another 750 ml by bedtime if I haven't traveled anywhere. The travel one is a bonus and I'd say most of the time I drink a full one just doing my workout or making little stops after work.

B - greek yogurt

S - boiled egg

L - 2 chicken skewers, salad

S - turkey kielbasa, cheese string

D - protein shake(after gym)

S - shrimp & sauce

Mellywog
on 7/30/19 8:30 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Hello Ladies!

2nd day back to work. I miss my days off with my little one.

When did you guys start to work out again? I have a gym membership that has some dust on it and thinking about trying to start working out again. Also, when did you guys start eating lettuce? I am dying for a salad.

QOTD - I am one of those off people that have no problem gulping water after surgery, especially in this heat. I put a shot of diet cranberry juice in my reusable thermal cup with my water and I usually don't have a problem with it. Vitamins are a different story, I am having a hard time remembering and finding time between meals and water!

6 weeks post op

B - Protein shake

S - greek yogurt

L - poached chicken thigh with boiled broccoli

S - piece of cheese

D - poached chicken thigh with green giant Brussel sprouts in butter sauce

S - ?

Have a great day ladies!

Meggles07
on 7/30/19 8:50 am - Canada

Hi Melly,

I think I started going to the gym after my six week followup where I was cleared by the surgeon. I didn't really feel like it much before then anyways.

Lettuce is my nemesis!! Lol. Especially more fibrous ones like mixes greens. I didn't start raw veggies until after three months post-op but even then I had so much trouble. We went to a restaurant well after that and I had a salad. I ended up having to run to the bathroom in so much pain. I was gone so long my DH almost sent someone to check on me. I still don't eat arugula/mixed greens (four years post-op), but I can do iceberg or romaine :)

wrkinprogress
on 7/30/19 1:11 pm

I didn't start working out til this month at a gym but had been taking walks every night or using my indoor cycle at home since probably 4 months out of surgery. They tell you to hold off on weight training until at least 6 because there is a chance you are not completely healed and you don't want to mess up the incision or there would be big problems.

Hmmm I think I ate lettuce once I was a couple of months out but check the book they gave you and it should tell you when you can add certain veggies back into your menu.

Most Active
Recent Topics