Any Ontario VSG'ers?

RedheadLE
on 8/2/19 10:01 am

Hi all,

I'm just at the beginning of the process now. I have already been told that I may need the VSG (due to needing to take anti inflammatories for another condition) instead of the roux en y. I'm just wondering if there are others who have done VSG and what your experience was? It seem like the weight loss is somewhat less but still achievable if you follow the eating plan.

Red

kristirodgers
on 8/3/19 8:51 pm - Canada

Hello there. I had VSG in October 2009!!! I lost 100lbs and found out I was pregnant 5 months out. So weight loss halted. I would have been happy with 30 more lbs lost. But the two pregnancies were possible due to the 100lbs lost so I'll take that. IF...you follow the rules you will do great. I got ****y and started to eat things I shouldn't and never really exercised. I've regained 30 lbs. currently at the gym and back to basics and lost 5lbs. so far. 25 to go to pre baby weight. Any questions fire away

RedheadLE
on 8/5/19 6:26 pm

Thanks for the info and congrats on being able to have a little one! Definitely worth it!

RED

wrkinprogress
on 8/6/19 8:55 am

Hi Red,

I had VSG in Toronto in November 2018 but had lost quite a bit of weight pre-surgery just from changing my eating habits. I am still losing and am very happy with the surgery up to this point....I have had no complications and can eat any foods without issues so if you follow the program I'm sure this would be a great option for you.

Best of luck!

RedheadLE
on 8/7/19 7:23 am

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I will probably go ahead with it.

Tanya

Most Active
Recent Topics