Any up to date remedies to help with hair loss?

Sunny2018
on 8/3/19 5:44 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Past couple of months I've noticed my thick hair becoming thin. Whenever I run my hands through my hair there are always some in my hand and washing it results in a large amount going down the drain. I'm just getting to 10 months post op and hoping it will stop thinning and some new roots will start to grow. Even my hairstylist noticed, so we decided to go with a short bob to help lift and give a fuller look.

I've tried to search about it and see mention Biotin supplements and Castrol oil. I am doing my vitamins and my last blood work looked good. Ideas?

Thanks, Sunny

selkiem
on 8/4/19 8:56 am

So it took several months for this to start? I've been told and read that it is inevitable - a side effect of the surgeries. Dreading it. I've got pretty thick hair but it is also quite long . I know part of the issue is not enough protein - which is a problem for me as I struggle to get in even the minimum. I started taking Bioten about a month ago (you have to let your doctor know as Bioten can impact blood results). Although I hadn't at that point started to lose. Noticed yesterday after washing it and brushing it out that is DEFINITELY thicker - but not sure what will happen once it starts to fall out!

SweetRide1
on 8/6/19 3:40 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

I've tried Biotin with no noticeable difference.

Bottom line - it's going to happen. I'm 19 months out. My hair started falling out at approx. the 4 month mark. It hasn't stopped.

Making sure you take your vitamins and get all your protein in is supposed to help but it did nothing for me. I'm lucky in that I have a very thick head of hair so it isn't really all that noticeable.

What is noticeable is the hair growing back.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Sunny2018
on 8/31/19 6:12 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Thanks for sharing your experience; it's so weird to go from such lovely thick hair (which I now see I took for granted!) and to the point were I'm worried its so thin; Can't wait until it starts to grow back.

Sunny

Most Active
Recent Topics