New to this so looking for advice

Ladybelle90
on 8/8/19 4:09 pm

Hey,

So am new to this forum and the whole gastric bypass procedure.

A little bit about my journey thus far:

Referal: Feb 2019

Orientation: June 2019 HRH

Surgeon: August 19th, 2019

Internist: August 12th, 2019 Dr. Glazer

So my question is how soon could me surgery date be? I know I still have to see the, nurse and SW but am just curious. I was under the assumption the process could take over a year but it seems sooner, am not complaining just excited and nervous I guess.

Any and all advice and information would help. Thank you

Mellywog
on 8/9/19 7:29 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Welcome!

I t will be faster then a year. I just went through HRH and it took me 7 months from orientation to surgery (and that was including the wait for the sleep test). If you don't need a sleep test, you might even move through faster.

What surgeon do you have. I had Dr. Hagen and he was amazing!

Ladybelle90
on 8/9/19 7:45 am

Thanks for the response. I don't know which surgeon, I didn't ask to be honest. I just got a call saying they have an available date for the surgeon and I was too excited to ask who. At which step do I find out if the sleep study is necessary? Cause I don't have any sleeping issues thus far that I know of.

Mellywog
on 8/12/19 10:31 am
RNY on 06/17/19

When you see Dr. Glazer (Internist). He is the Doctor that approves you for surgery so he will send you for whatever test that he thinks you may need.

I didn't think I had any issues with sleep either but he sent me for a test. I was mad that he was delaying me but it turned out that I had sever sleep apnea!! So better safe then sorry I suppose.

Ladybelle90
on 8/13/19 9:18 am

He sent me in for a sleep test. So waiting on the hospital to get back to me. I have my follow up appointment in November am guessing everything else should be done by then. I looked for the Facebook group you mentioned but it's closed and I don't have a personal Facebook so I was using my nephews. Thank you for your correspondence

Mellywog
on 8/9/19 7:38 am
RNY on 06/17/19

This is a great site with great information but there is also there is a facebook group for Humber River that is much more active then this site.

Most Active
Recent Topics