Internist appointment

Ninabeena
on 8/9/19 10:15 pm
RNY on 11/27/19

I'm going through Hamilton and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what happens at the internist appointment and how soon after that do I meet with the surgeon and get a date. I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I haven't seen topics about the internist so I'm a bit clueless. Thanks for any information you can provide.

crqvingchange
on 8/13/19 8:13 am

welcome Nina. I don't know the timeline for Hamilton but you can see my timeline for Guelph on my signature line. Hope this helps.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Waxwing
on 8/25/19 9:55 pm

Hi,

There's currently quite a wait to see the psychologist and dietician. I saw the internist in May and I've had my scope and all my imaging already. I see the dietician and psychologist next week, then I should have my appointment with the surgeon sometime in September. I'm looking at probably November for surgery.

Waxwing
on 8/25/19 9:56 pm

Forgot to say, I know they're currently booking into like January for the dietician and psychologist/SW appointments. Those will probably be your longest wait.

Ninabeena
on 8/26/19 12:00 am
RNY on 11/27/19

Thanks for the replies. I have already had my scope, ecg, ultrasound, blood work, social worker, and dietician. The only things that I have left are meeting with the internist on October 1st and then I don't know what comes next.

Most Active
Recent Topics