What are you eating/doing today -- Friday?

Meggles07
on 8/16/19 7:19 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Behind schedule today because I decided to try making pancakes for the little nugget. I'm not a cook. I can bake, but I don't enjoy things that require the stovetop. Anyways, she liked them but I thought they were a bit gritty. I will probably freeze some for her. They have whole wheat flour and whole milk. And no sugar. So I had a couple with sugar free pancake syrup.

QOTD: baking, cooking, neither, or both? I love baking. Obviously I don't bake as much as I did before surgery. Sometimes I try to take recipes and make them bariatric friendly with Splenda and SF Torani. I'm a terrible cook but thankfully DH is excellent. I can do basics like baked chicken, slow cooker chili, and scrambled eggs. But I don't enjoy it like he does. I'm hoping he teaches the little nugget to cook.

Post-op four years and five months.

Breakfast - milk

Snack - baby pancakes with SF syrup

Lunch - maybe a sandwich

Snack - cheese and ham

Dinner - ground beef leftovers - hopefully the last of them

Snack - SF pudding

All water and vits.

wrkinprogress
on 8/16/19 1:45 pm

Where did Friday go? I'm super late posting today.

Off to the gym after work and then home to do absolutely NOTHING. It seemed like a crazy week and I could feel myself stressing out which is very uncommon so I better relax a bit this weekend. If little nugget doesn't spit the food back then it must have been good Meg..... kids are usually picky.

QOTD: I enjoy cooking and baking. The only thing I really don't do often is pastry but my grandma was an awesome pie maker and she did teach me as a kid so maybe it's time to pass that lesson on to my kids. I'm definitely an experimental cook, very seldom use a recipe, and just use ingredients I enjoy eating and are healthiest.

B - greek yogurt

S - boiled egg

L - ribs, salad

S - shrimp & sauce

D - protein shake after my workout

S - cheezits, turkey pepperette

Most Active
Recent Topics