SIBO, Irritable Bowel, Tips, Tricks, Helpful Hints?

Dreamy74
on 9/9/19 12:28 pm, edited 9/9/19 12:29 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hello all!

I had my Roux-en-Y surgery in February of 2015. I was 300 pounds and how holding steady for the last two years anywhere between 165 and 170. This morning i was 167. My lowest weight was three years after surgery and that was 153.

In January of this year I began to have diarrhea daily, to the point where I was going upwards of 10 times a day. My family doctor prescribed me Viberzi and I had some success with it up until about June. I am now on Zaxine for a 14 day course. My doctor thinks I have SIBO - small intestinal bacterial overgrowth so we are trying the Zaxine. I am 4 days into the Zaxine and I realize I will have to give it more time but things are no better.

I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me and if so, what did you do and did you get better? Any tips/tricks?

I have tried:

Metamucil capsules, Align probiotics, unsweetened Kefir, Greek and Skyr Yogurt with probiotics, kimchi and apple cider vinegar all with really no lasting results.

Any advice or suggestions you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Meggles07
on 9/9/19 4:48 pm - Canada

Two thoughts:

Have you tried cross-posting this on the RNY board? I think there is a lady on there with info about SIBO who could maybe respond.

What vitamins/supplements are you taking?

Dreamy74
on 9/10/19 9:05 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Meggles07

I take 600 mgs of calcium twice a day with 3,000 IU of Vitamin D also twice a day. I also take two pre-natal multivitamins (for the extra iron). I also get a B12 shot weekly and occasionally I get iron injections but right now my iron is acceptable.

I will try posting this in the RNY board too, good idea.

Thanks,

Dreamy74

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Meggles07
on 9/10/19 9:06 am - Canada

Does your calcium supplement have added magnesium?

Most Active
Recent Topics