Crazy week - Good Bye Gall Bladder and Hernia

MichelleS61
on 9/16/19 10:43 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, started with the worst diarhea of my life the last week of August ended up in emerg on Saturday of long weekend, after tests they said nothing had shown up and I could go home, just keep hydrated. In the meantime on the Friday my Father and fallen and suffered a brain bleed.

On Wednesday had a bad Gall Bladder attack but too busy to worry about it subsided after a few hours, on Thursday the 5th Dad died, on Saturday the 7th had the worst attack yet fever and chills but too busy trying to help Mom out and make arrangements, didn't go to hospital, felt ok Sunday, went to work Monday to tie up loose ends before taking time off to help with final arrangements prior to scheduled funeral on Wednesday.

Life took a serious side step, had another really bad attack on Monday while at work, lasted till about 2 then drove over 2 a friends who lives close by, they wanted to call an ambulance and work but I kept thinking no I can't do this! Friend got home at 3:30 and call an ambulance, rushed to local hospital in Uxbridge, they called the surgical team and TWH and because of concerns that I might have stones stuck in my pancreas I got to enjoy the hour plus long ambulance ride down to Toronto Western. Apparently had developed pancreatitis and colycystitis and also tested positive for E.Coli?, was advised that I was extremely ill, admitted and started on IV antibiotics. After doing a CT and Ultrasound they decided I couldn't wait to have my gall bladder out as the sludge is apparently extremely dangerous if my gall bladder were to rupture. I actually had an appointment with the surgeon on Sept. 20.

Wednesday, missed Dad's funeral, they were able to get me on the secondary list for surgery Thursday evening Dr. Penner agreed to look at my Umbilical hernia to repair but they'd also seen signs of an internal hernia on the ultrasound so they'd have to see. Had Surgery at 9 pm and back to room by Midnight. Upshot Dr. Penner advised I probably would have made it the 2 months it would of taken to get surgery so was extrememely glad they'd decided to keep me and do it then, I also had the largest umbilical hernia he'd ever seen, what they thought was an internal hernia was all just the same massive one. It's interesting my stomach is flat now instead of pointy.

Am home recovering now, will wait till next week to go back to work. Week has been surreal to say the least but excellent care at TWH by the Doctors and nurses, communication not so great and boy they really need to get a handle on meals.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

crqvingchange
on 9/19/19 6:42 pm

That is a horrible week. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you healing vibes.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

MichelleS61
on 9/20/19 3:45 pm - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

Not great overall only thing good is not really eating much for 3 week has kind of kick started some weight loss again, good bye to 10 pound regain and another 5 beyond that, would of rather found any easier way to do it.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

Most Active
Recent Topics