How much did you pay for optifast?

Waxwing
on 10/24/19 5:57 pm

Wondering what people paid per week of optifast. I've got a few weeks to get it but if I can find somewhere that has it much cheaper than here, that'd be optimal.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/28/19 6:32 am

I'm not sure in Canada, but in US it is "prescription type nutrition" and can only be sold by a type of prescription.

In my center, many years ago we were given a list of alternative protein shakes we could use instead of optifast. Can you ask the center what substitute they allow?

I had to be on "a pre-op diet" for 4 weeks, and I bought only one week worth of optifast and use substitute for the rest. I spread the optifast over the whole 4 weeks. And since optifast had a lot if natural sugars (as far as I remember) it is not recommended to use it after the surgery. But the other shakes or powder I was allowed to use were low sugar and I used that even after the surgery.

I was honest and told my center that I simply couldn't afford the optifast for 4 weeks. That stuff is expensive. Plus because it had relatively high sugar content - it did not really reduced cravings for sweets. The low sugar substitute shakes (I think muscle milk light) after just few days on it de-carbing reduced my cravings significantly.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

coolmama
on 10/29/19 10:17 pm

guelph clinic approximately 128.00 for 2 weeks

Kath L
on 11/6/19 9:35 am

I was just at an appointment this morning in Hamilton, Ontario and the social worker gave me a sheet that says $64.00 per week and expect to be on it for 2-4 weeks and it's not covered by drug benefit plans.

Hope this helps.

Kathy

Referral: Feb 14/17; Processed: Apr 28/17; Hamilton Orientation: July 24/17; Pre-Nutrition: Oct 27/17; Re-Do Hamilton Orientation: Apr 29/19; Pre-Nutrition: May 17/19; Nurse: May 29/19; Blood work: Aug 2/19; EKG: Aug 1/19; Allergist: Aug 15/19; Abdominal Ultrasound: Sep 4/19; Dietician: Sept 9/19; Internist Dr. Taboni: Oct 10/19; Social Work: Nov 06/19; Endoscopy Consult: Nov 08/19; Gastroscopy: Nov 21/19; Meet Dr. Gmora: Dec 4/19 Pre-Op and Surgery Class: Jan 09/20 Surgery: Jan 13/20 OMG they moved it up to Jan 06/20

Ninabeena
on 11/20/19 9:31 pm
RNY on 11/27/19

I'm through Hamilton and for two weeks it was $128 so much cheaper than it used to be from what I hear.

Most Active
Recent Topics