Christmas Suggestions Please

Dar_Tay
on 11/8/19 11:00 am - Canada

Hi Everyone! So I have someone very special in my life who is booked for Gastric Bypass. I would love some suggestions that I could give her for Christmas that would be related to this and help her in the journey.

Thanks !!

SweetRide1
on 11/10/19 7:16 am
RNY on 01/16/18

A gift certificate to a clothing store, cookbooks for people who have had Gastric Bypass. I was thrilled when I got the gift certificate for clothes. I spent a fortune in the first year replacing every stitch of clothing and shoes for 4 seasons. It was extremely costly.

I found cookbooks on Amazon that were a godsend in the early days after surgery. I made a number of the recipes and continue to make them today.

Depending on how much you want to spend, a blender has been a real godsend for me as I make a lot of my own protein drinks and low carb smoothies. I also use my blender for cauliflower mash. (a new staple)

Crock pot, meal prep containers, a bento box meal organizer. You can get all of this stuff on Amazon to make it easier or Canadian Tire. The Ninja blenders are pretty good and reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

wrkinprogress
on 11/11/19 8:13 am

I echo the idea of a Ninja Blender depending how much you want to spend. I use mine every day!!

I would also say that my instant pot and food scale are both things I've come to depend on since having surgery. If you know what flavors she enjoys, then maybe even some Torani sugar-free syrups which you can order on Amazon.

My final suggestion would be manicure or pedicure gift certificate so that she can "escape" all of the thoughts of food when she is very restricted on what she can eat.

Happy shopping

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/11/19 11:44 am

A gift certificate for a massage. Unless she hates being touched. Or can be embarrassed to undress to get a massage.

Any gift certificate IMO. Amazon has so many different things that a post op can get including protein powders, vitamins, clothes, etc.

I used a second hand stores to get majority of my clothes. But personal items I had to buy brand new and replace a few times.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics