What are you eating/doing today -- Tuesday?

Meggles07
on 5/19/20 7:21 am - Canada

Hey everyone :)

Tuesday? Is it Tuesday already? Lol. We are going all out on gardening this year. DH built four raised planter boxes for veggies and herbs. We had an existing box of strawberries and raspberries -- they were actually here when we moved in six years ago and I've kept them going. We are also doing some containers and I still have my window plants -- those are my relaxing hobby plants. Currently aloe babies, geraniums, and herb seedlings.

The little nuggets are currently having a nap :) it's rare that they sleep at the same time. LN1 is 21 months old and LN2 is 3 months old.

QOTD: do you garden? Have you started growing anything this year because of Covid? We decided to expand when it seemed like some grocery items were becoming hard to find but it seems like things have normalized quite a bit which is a relief. I have major food scarcity issues from my childhood -- also a contributor to my overeating. I'm glad that things have calmed down in terms of panic buying and hoarding. I'm most looking forward to seeing how the cherry tomatoes turn out. The rest of the plants are DH's babies ;)

Post-op five years and two months.

*NB* my menus are carbier than my "normal" bariatric eating due to breastfeeding.

Breakfast - protein fudge popsicles

Breakfast 2 (DH surprised us with eggs and bacon) - eggs, bacon, half piece of toast

Snack if needed - carrots and PB

Lunch - ham, cheese, crackers, pickles

Snack - Greek yogurt, banana, splash of granola

Dinner - burgers and veg

Snack - protein posicles

All water and vits. Currently taking prenatal multi, B12, vit D, and magnesium.

wrkinprogress
on 5/19/20 2:05 pm

So good to have you back Meg!

Wow I can't believe the kiddos are those ages... seems like just yesterday that you were announcing that you were pregnant. My 2 were 25 months apart and I rarely remember them having a nap at the same time even though I'd plan it that way. You definitely need to cease those moments of alone time ;))

QOTD - I have always enjoyed gardening but can't say I have done much other than a few flowers and bushes along the house. I usually grow some tomatoes in containers on the patio but have not added anything due to COVID. Luckily we live in "produce central" as far as Ontario goes so I can pick up super fresh fruits & veggies at roadside stands at very low cost. I'll support the local farmers

B - protein shake with blueberries

S - greek yogurt

L - 1/2 egg & mushroom wrap

S - 2 turkey pepperettes

D - baked chicken, asparagus & cauliflower

Gotta get drinking,,,, I'm only at 1.75 L

Meggles07
on 5/19/20 2:25 pm - Canada

Glad to be back :) trying to find our new normal and a routine have been challenging but hopefully I can get on here regularly and get myself back on track!!

I need to do better with my water intake as well. I can always feel when I've had a couple low days in a row.

Most Active
Recent Topics