It's very sad

Leslie W.
on 9/21/21 1:25 pm - Cobourg, Canada

This forum used to be really active. 2011 wen I had my RNY I was so thankful for this forum. I met my best friend who was a year out from me. Could not have done this without her. While I realize we most deal with FB groups. It is sad to see this forum falter. Don't give up on the option to reach out to others. 10 years out and don't regret a thing.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Diminishing Dawn
on 9/28/21 6:14 pm - Windsor, Canada

It's been dead here for a long time. Facebook has definitely taken over. Good to see you post though.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

LeslieCL
on 10/5/21 2:58 am

Yes, it is sad. I never use the Facebook ones. I lurk here more than post so I guess I'm part of the problem. I got discouraged when my weight loss stopped. I got it started again with the help of Dr Glazer from Humber. I also think People are just hiding out waiting for life to return to a semblance of ordinary.

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

miss_tina
on 10/5/21 6:40 am

I agree. When researching information before approaching my family doctor for a referral, I came here and read through all the forums but it seemed to be pretty dead. I'm not on FB but there is a huge support network on Instagram and YouTube. It's unfortunate though, I think the forums would be very beneficial. I'm still pre-op (I meet my surgeon this week!) and it would be helpful to have this as a resource as well.

KalesD
on 10/17/21 2:41 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Luck! It's a journey (I'm one year PO) but 110% worth it.

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

sweetpotato1959
on 1/24/22 10:01 am

The opportunity exists- i only do this board.. watch some on you tube -not on surgery...Not on fakebook nor insta pot..

Post a question, a live issue, a true report not a link.

Wake up! This is an Online forum. computers are in every household and many of those who come to this board, even infrequently are available

Lucile777
on 10/23/21 6:36 pm

Definitely disheartening. We have so much collective knowledge, experience, weight loss, REGAIN (well me anyway) and Love and advice that we have to keep it going. Post away, folks!

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

Alexpope
on 10/25/21 9:45 am
RNY on 10/21/20

I think there are a lot of people who just read but I agree there need to be more people stepping out of the shadows and asking questions. Facebook is not a good resource for information nor is it unbias. Most groups are moderated to a point of either they sell something or they are directing you to their centers/surgeons. I found this website early on and I am thankful I did.I don't post as much as I should but I try to. I have also shared this website with my support group and many come here to read but don't interact as much.I find it funny that people will come out of the wood work to comment on how dead a website is but not come in and comment on questions being asked or post in general.That is not directed at you it is more towards people in general. People need to realize that a website dedicated to weight loss surgery is better than a facebook group that sole purpose is to make money or make facebook money.

Stapler
on 5/10/22 5:19 am

I'm 24 years out from my VBGB and continue to click on articles of interest from the occasional email I receive from this site.

I agree with what you posted but would like to pipe in with my opinion on posting.

I believe that many morbidly obese people are quite used to keeping to themselves, not reaching out, have poor social skills, etc.

Due to this reality of being people-shy, we are often reluctant to get our feet wet and jump into being social butterflies - even on a site such as this one.

I, for one, felt like I was never taken seriously because the world was used to seeing "happy, bubbly, fat Sue.

It took me a long time before I ever even replied to a post!

It's really too bad that a life-saving site like this has to die out, but the 'new-age' demands moving forward; fast, fast, fast! - however this total life changing process of losing hundreds of pounds takes so much longer in our heads than it does for our bodies.

Northstar
on 10/25/21 10:07 am - Struthers, OH

I had my surgery 15 years ago. This ste was my life line. I still read the articles but don't post much.

I do struggle with emotional eating habits but have kept the weight off! Maybe I should be here more .

At last I have found freedom
TT/BL   4/14/07
BA/ Brachioplasty   11/22/07
LBL   4/21/08
Thigh Lift w/ lipo  11/17/08
Most Active
Recent Topics