Recent Posts

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/23/19 4:25 pm - Windsor, Canada
Topic: RE: Booze!

It will hit very hard and fast. You might dump if you are a dumper. Just keep that in mind.

13+years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime

wrkinprogress
on 8/23/19 9:35 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing today -- Friday?

Yay Friday is here!

Best of luck with the lil nuggets shots.. hopefully it is a very short lived unhappiness for both of your sake's. I'm looking forward to a couple of days off but also need to get some cleaning done around the house... blah!

QOTD: I wouldn't say I am super tech savvy but I know enough to be the one everyone comes to for tech issues at work. It's not something I would want to do on a regular basis so I give your DH props and anyone else who enjoys all that trouble shooting. The paper supply was a very quick thinking trick! That's a great story.

B - greek yogurt

S - pretzel thins, PB

L - chicken skewers, salad

S - protein shake

D - leftover rotisserie chicken, cauliflower

S - turkey pepperettes

Meggles07
on 8/23/19 5:55 am - Canada
Topic: What are you eating/doing today -- Friday?

Good morning :)

Today is not going to be a fun day. The little nugget is getting all her one year boosters -- we were told these were going to be bad ones (I.e. she wouldn't feel very good after for a while). Poor thing. However, I am happy because she will finally be covered for measles.

QOTD: a random one today. Are you technologically savvy? I used to be. Before I met DH I was the resident computer fixer. My grandpa's favourite story was when his printer randomly started printing a 90 page document that he didn't want. He yelled for me because he didn't know what to do. I just reached over and pulled all the paper supply out so it couldn't print anymore. He thought that was a hilarious solution -- and he never thought to do it. He told everyone lol. DH is in IT so he fixes everything around here and makes it more techy than it needs to be or that I can deal with lol.

Post-op four years and five months.

Breakfast - milk and cereal (but not together lol)

Snack - oatmeal bar

Lunch - maybe a sandwich

Snack - cheese and something

Dinner - maybe leftover beef

Snack - Greek yogurt and pineapple

All water and vits.

LeslieCL
on 8/22/19 3:05 pm
Topic: RE: Booze!

For myself... I usually limit myself to a sip of my husband's or a big old sniff of his Guinness! If I have some hootch it does go right to my head and I don't like the feeling. There is also the bubble factor. You can try mocktails with infusions of things like cucumber and basil. If it's a wedding toast, I don't think a sip of two champagne will hurt.

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

jenkh
on 8/21/19 7:03 pm
RNY on 03/12/18
Topic: RE: Update! (17 months post op)

I have no brand. I tend to wear bike shorts as they tend to spanx me in without being as suffocating.

Good luck on friday!! Have fun!!!! First dates are always the most nerve wracking yet usually some of the most fun.

Humber - Orientation : Sept 2016 - Meet the Surgeon: Nov 2017 - Nurse/Dietitian/SW - Jan 15 2018 - Internalist - Feb 7 2018 - Final Surgeon Appt: Feb 12 2018 - Optifast - Feb 26 2018 - Pre-Op Feb 27 2018 - Surgery: March 12 2018

Meggles07
on 8/21/19 9:44 am - Canada
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing today -- Wednesday?

Adding in a tornado would definitely be my worst nightmare. I drove through two of them by accident and I never want to have to deal with that again. One almost blew my car off the road -- it happened when I was driving home from college. The rain came down so hard I couldn't see and had to pull over. The second one I just missed but it took down a huge tree in our yard.

Mellywog
on 8/21/19 9:34 am
RNY on 06/17/19
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing today -- Wednesday?

Love, Love, LOVE thunderstorms!! I have to admit though, a few weeks back we had a doozy at the trailer park and I panicked a bit. The winds were so bad, I thought it might be a tornado.

2 months post op

B- Milk

S - 1 Samosa (totally not planned but a contractor brought me some still hot - gave the rest away)

L - I brought fish and green beans but probably won't eat it. my belly feels bloated from that damn samosa

S- salami and cheese stick

D - Probably my lunch, fish and green beans

Have a good one!

RosieBelly
on 8/21/19 7:22 am
Topic: RE: Update! (17 months post op)

I hear you! Not only do I have that wobbly tummy to have to deal with I have not actually dated in about 7 years and am going for lunch on FRIDAY!!!! I am not considering the surgery at this time but if someone has a brand of nice panties that kind of tuck it all in I would appreciate the brand.

Good luck with the surgery super duper exciting

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

RosieBelly
on 8/21/19 7:16 am
Topic: Booze!

I am almost two years post surgery and have had no caffeine, no soda and no alcohol since waaaay before surgery. I am thinking of trying some wine, most specifically champagne. I am a little concerned about intoxication and addiction. Any stories or opinions or experiences?

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

Meggles07
on 8/21/19 5:56 am - Canada
Topic: What are you eating/doing today -- Wednesday?

Good morning :)

We had some thunderstorms through the night. I think they woke up puppy 1. They aren't scared of the storms but I think the noise got them up. So I was up lol. I do not like storms but when they were puppies I made myself act calm when they happened because I had a dog as a child who was also terrified of storms.

No idea what we will do today. We had an early bank appointment yesterday to setup a savings account for the little nugget. Of course I didn't know I needed to bring her ID -- we already had some stuff setup for her and had brought it when we did that. So that frazzled my day ;)

QOTD: do you like thunderstorms? DH loves watching them. We have a sunroom and he sits out there to get a good view. I hide in our room with the curtains pulled lol.

Post-op four years and five months.

Breakfast - milk

Snack - toast with PB

Lunch - chicken and something

Snack - ham and cheese

Dinner - tbd

Snack - SF pudding

All water and vits.