Recent Posts

Monica9811
on 5/22/19 4:06 am - Peterborough, Canada
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing today - Tuesday?

Miss your posts CC. Hope you are ok.

Shrnkin Butterfly
on 5/21/19 6:13 pm
RNY on 02/19/19
Topic: 3rd Month Update. Weight up & down

Hello everyone! I'm 3 months post op. This month has been sooo slow. Weight has been up & down all month long! I'm hoping the stall doesn't last too much longer and I can see the scale going down. I'm not complaining. I'm almost at 200 which I haven't seen in years. I'm happy I haven't had any complications with food or anything. I do forget to eat slow at times or I drink too quickly but my pouch quickly puts me back in my place. My goal this month is to walk/ exercise a lil more and get more water in. How is everyone doing?

Mallory
on 5/21/19 4:42 pm - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Spring 2019 Clothing Exchange!

Just double checked and confirmed the room! All is good. Looking forward to Sunday!!!

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

Sunny2018
on 5/21/19 3:59 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Hello everyone - loving the sun today!

I've discovered two protein source products to share:

Bread: Dimpflmeier's Power Source Slice = 15 g protein, 110 calories

Milk: Fairlife Fat Free milk, 1 cup = 13 g protein, 80 calories

Anyhow, meals today are:

B: 1 slice Power source slice with 1 tbsp. peanut butter and sugar free jam

S: Sugar free yoghurt

L: Small salad with dressing and 2 eggs

S: 1/2 protein shake

D: 1 chicken thigh, 5 mini tomatoes, chickpeas

S: 1/2 cup strawberries with 1/2 cup fairlife milk

Fingers crossed, sun and warmer weather is here to stay now!

Sunny

Sunny2018
on 5/21/19 3:48 pm
RNY on 10/22/18
Topic: RE: 16 MONTH UPDATE

Congrats on such great results after surgery; and thank you for sharing some of the challenges you have and are dealing with. I am still concerned that it changed from 5 years of follow up to just 1 year - seems like we just get abandoned by the program - probably when we really need the support to stay on track and adjust to life after major weight loss. As I'm sure the majority of us know and experienced, losing the weight is only 1/2 the journey - the other 1/2 is keeping it off.

I am my family doctor's first bariatric patient and so far is very supportive; listening to my concerns and adding other blood tests to confirm everything is fine - including ultrasound to check gallstone size (already existed prior to surgery). I will add iron and liver enzymes to watch.

We definitely must be our own advocate!

Again, well done and congratulations on your loss and maintaining!

Sunny

crqvingchange
on 5/21/19 2:20 pm

still here. im so not posting much

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/21/19 8:43 am - Canada
Topic: What are you eating/doing today - Tuesday?

Good morning :)

We were out early this morning to get an oil change, went thrift shopping while we waited, and stopped to visit family on the way home. The little nugget is tuckered out so I have a minute to post ;)

Accountability: terrible this weekend. We went to a BBQ on Sunday and yesterday I had a hungry day.

Post-op four years and two months.

Breakfast - protein shake with blueberries

Snack - protein bar

Lunch - carrots and PB, and maybe leftover wings

Snack - pepperette and cheese

Dinner - BBQ chicken

Snack - SF pudding

All water and vits.

Shrnkin Butterfly
on 5/20/19 7:53 pm
RNY on 02/19/19
Topic: RE: Why the sleep apnea test?

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea through my doctor and by the time I had my appointment with the anesthesiologist I already had my CPAP machine. I couldn't stand it. Don't know how people can sleep with it, I felt claustrophobic. My doctor gave me sleeping pills to help me get used to it and I'm glad he did because the anesthesiologist told me I had to use it. He said" you've come all this far it would be sad to have your Surgery cancelled because of this.'" Thank God I was able to put up with it with the pills to help me sleep. You have to take the machine with you to surgery as you get hooked up to it afterwards. I had my surgery February 19, 2019 and no longer need it !! ?? Good luck!

selkiem
on 5/20/19 7:53 am
Topic: RE: 16 MONTH UPDATE

As someone who is waiting for her surgery (not far away now! June 11)- it is encouraging to hear stories like yours - with the good and the bad, the warnings, the struggles - thank you for sharing!

SweetRide1
on 5/20/19 7:11 am
RNY on 01/16/18
Topic: RE: Why the sleep apnea test?

It is not true that you can't have WLS if you have sleep apnea.

A lot of us had/or have sleep apnea. It's actually one of the co-morbidities that qualify you for surgery.

I had the sleep study done prior to surgery. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea which typically would have required a CPAP however, I was asymptomatic. I wasn't tired etc., etc.

I had surgery and no longer have sleep apnea. I know several people who had it prior to surgery. They just had to bring their CPAP machine with them.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18