Recent Posts

Sassy75
on 6/16/21 1:36 pm - North York, Canada
Topic: RE: Dr Glazer gave the go ahead for revision!

Did you get your date? What are you having a revision from and to?

Surgery date August 11, 2014 gastric sleeve with Dr. Rotstein at St.Mike's

starting weight 309 4 months out 237

Leslie W.
on 6/14/21 3:48 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Topic: RE: Ontario Revision Process

Just saw your reply. Had my RNY at Toronto Western. As your GP for a referral to the Bariatric registry. Another option is to ask GP for a referral for a gastroscopy to check out your pouch. Also you can ask for a referral to a dietician to review your intake. My GP is part of the NFFT and I have access to a Dietician. While you wait for your referral start tracking intake. Cut out one bad food at a time. You've done it before and you can do it again.

Keep me posted

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
investigator77
on 6/1/21 8:41 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Hi Leslie: I had my surgery 11 years ago as well, and have gained back all the weight I lost, plus another 10 pounds. What hospital did you have your surgery at? I went to Barix Clinic in Ypsilanti, MI. I'm afraid to confront my demons, and feel helpless to change, because of chronic pain that I am in. Long story. XO Nancy Oh! And BTW I'm in Brighton!

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Ask me about the Durham Region WLS Support Group

elisabeth1968
on 5/18/21 8:01 pm - toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Panniculectomy Approval/Questions about Abdominalplasty

Congratulations I'm sorry I just read your post as I am not on the site too often any more. I had my RNY 5 years ago and a Pani 2 years ago.
I hope that you are healing and doing well. You will feel amazing.

Leslie W.
on 5/17/21 9:11 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Topic: RE: Orientation session scheduled at Providence

Went through TWH in 2011. I think all sites are similar. they want to make sure you are making positive changes. Cutting out the junk food, soda, alcohol. You want to work towards 3 healthy meals and snacks. Decrease carbs and fat.

Easiest is to to strat tracking what you eat.

As well what diet plans you have tried etc...

Good luck in your journey

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
miss_tina
on 5/11/21 7:49 am
Topic: Orientation session scheduled at Providence

Hey everyone! My first time posting here. I had my referral and now have my orientation session scheduled at Providence next week (online, of course). Does anyone have any experience with this centre?

LisaCampbell
on 5/6/21 5:48 pm
Topic: RE: Day 9 of Optifast! Thank god for coffee!

I also had experience using Optifast on a nutritional basis. I am not delighted with Optifast's program and its product range. Their products are low in calories but high in sugar and lack fiber. These are my main complaints. But you should also take into account the natural hunger, which will definitely bother you all the time. On the positive side, I can note the simplicity in cooking and pretty good taste.

CharlieBlack
on 5/6/21 10:35 am, edited 5/6/21 5:46 pm
RNY on 08/08/20
Topic: Fast tracking the Process of getting the COVID-19 shot being a WLS candidate or Obese

It?s April 2021, and sometimes I need to remind myself that obesity is classed as comorbidity? I?m not sure if it?s denial or issues with my own mortality, but when I look in the mirror I think of myself as just being overweight. What?s the reason for the statement, you ask? With current world issues (COVID-19) I was content waiting for my for my number to be called for the shot, I completely understand the reasoning behind prioritizing frontline workers and the venerable. But upon receiving an email from a concerned loved one, it was brought to my attention that due to my weight issues (being obese) I could skip the line and get my shot. I?ve posted a video documenting my personal experience getting the first of two COVID-19 shots in Ontario. Please watch and let?s talk about it.

Thanks for stopping by, Checkout my youtube channel for more video blogs https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Q38wqyMxqTWLNNMGZAYzw

MarkinsonBs
on 5/6/21 6:07 am
WLS on 12/03/92
Leslie W.
on 5/4/21 12:43 pm - Cobourg, Canada

You we need to get your MD to submit a referral online to the Bariatric registry. The referral must be done online.

While that is being done ask about a referral from GP for a scope to check out your pouch. If everything is good consider going back to basic. Track intake, cut out the junk that creeps back into our diets. Keep track of these changes as it will help once you get seen by the bariatric centre. They will want to see that you have made these changes but they have no worked.

Once you are accepted and assigned a centre you will be seen by Nurse, Dietician, Social worker, Psychologist, Surgeon etc.. There are also nutrition classes. Each site works just a little different. After surgery they will follow up with you for at least a year or more

My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active