Recent Posts

jayjen789
on 11/17/18 7:48 am - Greater Toronto Area, , Canada
RNY on 12/12/18
Topic: RE: Tried on my snow boots today and...

Hahaha. That is super funny and something I am looking forward to.

I wear a 12WW so it is quite a challenge finding shoes. Good for you!!!

crqvingchange
on 11/17/18 5:22 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing this Friday?

That's why DH and I go to the VIP theatre. We can put our feet up, DH can have a beer and dinner, I get a Starbucks and a Cobb Salad. Not a rodent in sight.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

crqvingchange
on 11/17/18 5:20 am

Hope you enjoy the semi-surprise birthday party. The Little Nugget will be the life of the party.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Lucile777
on 11/16/18 3:12 pm
Topic: Tried on my snow boots today and...

They were bloody loose- I lost weight from my feet, too! I was wondering why there was so much space and I was dragging my feet and then I remembered: I had RNY!!! Crazy!

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

Squishy_in_the_middl
e

on 11/16/18 11:08 am
Topic: RE: Clinic wait times (Toronto/Hamilton)

I went through Wharton (Burlington) and surgery at St. Joe's in Hamilton. All in all, I was 10 months from start to finish. If you can keep your schedule relatively open where you can accommodate last minute cancellations (if you contact the centre), you will move much quicker through the process.

*hugs to all*

Orientation- May 2017, Pre nutrition class- Aug 2017, Blood work- Aug 2017. RPN meeting- Sept 2017. Dietician and Psychiatrist Dec 2017. Internist- Dec 2017. Meet the Surgeon Feb 20th 2018. VSG surgery march 17, 2018 with Dr. Gmora

sk8muffsmom
on 11/16/18 7:52 am - Canada
Topic: RE: How to Fund Plastic Surgery in Canada

Medicard is a company that will give you a loan for your plastic surgery. Most plastic surgeons will have the info you need. The interest rates are rather high, so I believe you would be better off using a line of credit. Also, try and see a plastic surgeons that works with OHIP and possibly get some pre- approval coverage ( its not a lot) if you meet a certain criteria and then just pay the up-charges. I had some of my plastics covered in 2014. ( after a 100lb + weight loss) I used Dr.M.Elahi and am very happy with my results. Good Luck

Ginnny
on 11/16/18 5:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone. Took a break from the gym this morning. Tonight we are going to watch The Grinch movie, yes Trucker and I are kids at heart and love the cartoons. He was a little concerned about a show time of 6:45 because there will be too many "rodents" there. I said its a kids movie, you think they're going to run it at 9:00!! Well I looked it up and we can see it at 8:00 which shouldn't be too bad.

Tomorrow night we have a euchre party to go to.

Accountability: Not really, time to reign it in, again.

Early Morning - banana, 1 tbsp PB

B - 1/2 bagel, egg, cheese

S - yogurt and blueberries

L - chicken w. a little stuffing

S - protein shake maybe - need to up that number

D - he's having pizza, not sure what I will have

Have a great weekend everybody.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 11/16/18 5:45 am - Canada

Good morning :)

We are supposed to be going for a baby playdate this afternoon but with all this snow I'm hoping the other people will reschedule lol. I have lots I could do around the house ;)

QOTD: tomorrow I think we will be doing a whole bunch of shoveling in the morning and in the evening we are going to a semi-surprise birthday party.

Post-op three years and eight months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - Greek yogurt and banana

Lunch - leftover homemade pizza

Snack - oatmeal bites

Dinner - leftover butter chicken (DH ended up making it but I had all the ingredients ready to go)

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 11/16/18 3:49 am
Topic: What are you eating/doing this Friday?

Good morning Menu Mates. Welcome to your cold, snowy weekend.

This morning I'm going swimming, then paperwork, then I have an appointment with the internist in Guelph. I hope they clean up the roads, because even with my snow tires on, the roads were slippery yesterday.

Accountability: Not bad, but I added in an afternoon snack.

QOTD: What are your weekend plans? I think I'm going to stay in and enjoy a cozy fire.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf

B2. After swimming, scrambled eggs with 2 slices of bacon

L. Protein bar on my way to Guelph

D. Shrimp in garlic butter with green beans.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Julathomas
on 11/15/18 1:54 pm
Topic: RE: Went to Orientation - Need to meet with Surgeon before Proceeding

Thank you for this insight! Yes, at the end of the day I would rather ensure it is possible from the beginning than waste valuable resources and time to find out it can't happen at the end. I was excited to begin the regular process! Either way, I'm doing my best to be patient until my appointment in February, as well as improving my eating and lifestyle.

Most Active
Recent Topics