Recent Posts

Julathomas
on 11/15/18 1:54 pm
Topic: RE: Went to Orientation - Need to meet with Surgeon before Proceeding

Thank you for this insight! Yes, at the end of the day I would rather ensure it is possible from the beginning than waste valuable resources and time to find out it can't happen at the end. I was excited to begin the regular process! Either way, I'm doing my best to be patient until my appointment in February, as well as improving my eating and lifestyle.

MichelleS61
on 11/15/18 8:52 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18

It depends on the program but it's not uncommon if you've had previous issues, they want to make sure the surgeon is willing to do the surgery if you pass all the other stuff, no sense having you go through all the hoops only to have the surgeon, say nope can't do because of "xyz".

Having said that, they've got tons of experience at TWH at it's probably just a formality.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

crqvingchange
on 11/15/18 8:02 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

No rubbery chicken, blech.

At least she is heading in the right direction. She is so adorable that she is off the charts on the cuteness scale.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/15/18 7:43 am - Canada

She did only slightly better than the last period... Averaged 21g instead of 17g. She needs to be up around 30g.

I am totally using a jar of sauce, but I will spice it up and probably do something different with the chicken to make it a good texture. I just don't like rubbery chicken lol.

crqvingchange
on 11/15/18 7:30 am

Hope the Little Nugget does well at the Doc's today.

If the Butter Chicken doesn't work out, I have a few jars and packets of Butter Chicken sauce that I can sneak to you at your back door. No one needs to know you didn't make it from scratch I am such a lazy cook.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 11/15/18 6:06 am - Canada

Good morning :)

We are off to the pediatrician today to see how little nugget's weight gain is going. Then we will pick up a few groceries. We were supposed to go visit friends and their mom this afternoon but we would end up driving home in rush hour traffic in the snow storm so I think we will reschedule.

I am definitely not a cook... Typically I can make awesome scrambled eggs and baked chicken (not together lol). Every once in a while I will try a recipe I find online. Today I have decided to try making butter chicken. I will do some research when we get home lol.

QOTD: officially I took driver training at 15 and did the in car portion after I turned 16... However, I stared driving on people's laps around 5 -- until I almost ran into a gate/fence. I do remember being allowed to drive at our cottage when I was 13. My grandpa let me drive home from town one day on back roads and I remember my mom almost killing him lol.

Post-op three years and eight months.

Breakfast 1 - protein bar

Breakfast 2 - oatmeal bites

Snack - yogurt and banana

Lunch - last of the stroganoff

Snack - boiled egg and something

Dinner - butter chicken

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 11/15/18 3:25 am
Topic: What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

Good morning Menu Mates. I got my car back last night, so this morning I'm going swimming. Lots of errands and calls to make this afternoon.

Accountability: On plan, yeah

Question of the Day: How old were you when you first learned to drive? I was 18 officially, but for some reason my Dad let me drive from up north (about a 3 hour drive) when I was 14.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Protein latte, rivers of decaf

L. Duck leg confit with some grilled asparagus and I have a sleeve of ready made Red Wine Reduction Gravy

https://www.amazon.com/Christian-Potier-Shallot-Sauce-5-07oz/dp/B0155I1I8O

D. Beef Stroganoff on buttah'd cauliflower rice.

Have a great day everyone.

catwoman7
on 11/14/18 8:59 pm
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: Flu shot

I get them every year. No problems.

btw - true flu is a respiratory virus, not a stomach virus. If it's your stomach that's bothering you, that might be norovirus. It's not related.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

KanataPhil
on 11/14/18 5:42 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

Had RnY in June 2018. I was refered Sept 2017. Had it done in Ottawa. It is a long journey and mine was quick. I already had CPAP machine, didn't smoke, didn't drink. My BMI was 50 upon referral. I was told by surgeon that they may not be able to do RnY because I carried most of my weight in gut and I am male 5'11" (i.e. tall). They only know once they get in there. I was told the reason was they sometimes don't have enough gut to reach the bypass, as such they would need to do the sleeve. The Gold Standard is RnY as it reduces quantity and absorption. I was stressed to I followed their instructions for the Optifast diet to the letter and they stretched it from 4 to 5 weeks. All was well and they were able to do RnY. I must admit it was a shock to hear I may be too overweight for weight loss surgery. All is well that ends well. I hit the goal weight of 240lbs last week (4 months post surgery). I am still losing nice and slow and hope I will continue to do so as many here speak of the bounce back after the 18-24 month honeymoon. I have realized that the surgery isn't the solution. Surgery will allow you to lose weight and adopt healthy eating and exercise habits. Without those, you can regain. Doing the regain education classes (4 of them) in a few weeks.... I have not done all of this to regain weight. I am determined to keep it off forever. I have nothing but admiration for those veterans who have succeeded in doing so. BTW, I had HBP, became pre-diabetic post referal and had sleep apnea not to mention hyperthyroid & gout. I am off all but half dose of HBP medication (was taking 3) and thyroid medication. Weight loss is a blessing but you have to go into to "eyes wide open". That is why the screening is so intense. Good luck.

RNY 28-Jun-2018, HW 372, SW 318, GW 240, CW 212

crqvingchange
on 11/14/18 1:57 pm
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing Wednesday?

Cheddar Bacon Grillers, you're killing me girl ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics