Recent Posts

losingit_sa
on 11/14/18 11:24 am
RNY on 08/17/18
Topic: RE: Holiday Optifast Recipes

If you are allergic to aspartame then I imagine you will be doing the Slim Time shakes? I did those and they were yummy!

Suggestions:

Add pumpkin spice (just the ground spice) to vanilla. This was my favourite.

For a candy cane hot chocolate type thing warm up your chocolate shake and add peppermint extract. You can also add instant coffee to make it like a peppermint mocha. Festive!

Also highly recommend making the chocolate with much less water to make a chocolate pudding consistency. Tasted like brownie batter and made me feel like I was actually EATING something!!

TWH (Toronto) | Starting Weight - 300, GW- 175

Referral: Jun 21/17 Orientation: Aug 23/17 NP: Sept 27/17 Social Worker: Sept 27/17 Nut Class: Oct 3/17 Sleep Study: Nov 6/17 NP Follow Up: Jan 3/18 Psych: Jan 12/18 Nut: Jan 15/18 Surgeon: June 1/18 Pre-Op: July 27/18 SlimTime: Aug 3/18 Surgery: Aug 17/18

SlimTime: -13.5 M1: -18 M2: -14 M3: -14.2 M4: -14.4 M5: -9.4 M6: -6.4 M7: -6.4 M8: ?

Mellywog
on 11/14/18 11:16 am
RNY on 06/17/19
Topic: RE: Went to Orientation - Need to meet with Surgeon before Proceeding

Hey, I just went to orientation last week at Humber River. We were told that our first appointment would be with the surgeon. Then we would get our trio appointments after meeting with the surgeon.

Seems like we are in the same boat. I also go to Wharton in (Burlington), I have no health issues but I am a bit older (40) with a 47 BMI.

jayjen789
on 11/14/18 8:22 am - Greater Toronto Area, , Canada
RNY on 12/12/18
Topic: RE: Clinic wait times (Toronto/Hamilton)

Yes! I couldn't agree more. I followed your advice as well as the advice of others...being an advocate for myself and now 6 months later just waiting on a surgery date.

That was one of the first things I remembered when I joined this forum and will never forget in life....be an advocate for yourself.

Julathomas
on 11/14/18 7:41 am
Topic: Went to Orientation - Need to meet with Surgeon before Proceeding

Hi there! I went to an orientation at TWH yesterday and received my first appointment, but it is with the surgeon! From what I understand from the orientation, they need to determine if I can even have the surgery. Has anyone started the process the same way? Other than morbidly obese, I am relatively healthy- no diabetes, high blood pressure etc. I'm 33yo with a BMI of 50. I had a total thyroidectomy due to enlarged thyroid and papillary cancer back in 2014, and have been regularly seeing my endocrinologist. I go to Dr. Wharton Medical Clinic and they say I'm a perfect candidate for bariatric surgery, as they referred me to the program. Any insight and advice is greatly appreciated!

DreamBigLiveHappy
on 11/14/18 7:39 am
Topic: RE: How to Fund Plastic Surgery in Canada

I've heard about Dr. Robert Inman through Credit Valley Hospital. He's the Chief of Plastic Surgery there. He does free consultations and also has financing available. Good luck

Livebetter
on 11/14/18 7:39 am
Topic: RE: Date with the surgeon

Sorry, I meant post OP class. We are required to take this class right before surgery.

MichelleS61
on 11/14/18 7:02 am - Lindsay, Canada
RNY on 02/26/18
Topic: RE: Flu shot

I've been getting flu shots for 15 years due to other health issues, never had a reaction beyond minor pain at injection site (happens when I get my B12 shot too).

I remember a few years ago they used to ask about egg allergies before getting the shot due to the base they are made with, as it can cause an allergic reaction in those people, but it's usually mild and the benefits usually out weigh the reaction.

57 - 6'0" - HW:288 SW:260 CW:185

TWH: Referral Aug. '16, Orientation - Nov. 30 '16, Surgeon Oct. 6 '17, Start Optifast Feb. 5'18 - Surgery Feb. 26'18

Opti -25; M1 -23; M2 -17; M3 -7; M4 -5; M5 -5; M6 -6; M7 -0; M8 -2; M9 -0; M10 -2; M11-0; M12-4;

crqvingchange
on 11/14/18 6:12 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing Wednesday?

Good morning lovely Ginny and all of the other Menu Mates.

Last night DH and I ended up going out to listen to live music. That music was fantastic. These are all veteran performers that just like to jam together.

Accountability: I staying away from all of the yummy stuff at the bar, only to come home and eat some bacon.

QOTD: Not sure what the decoration/tree situation will be this year. I'm leaving to go down south in a few weeks and will be there for Christmas.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf

B2. Fried egg and 2 slices of bacon

L. Grilled chicken skewer with broccoli and some jalapeno aioli for dipping

D. Bunless burger made with mushrooms and cheese, and a fried egg on top.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 11/14/18 5:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16
Topic: RE: How to Fund Plastic Surgery in Canada

I believe some of the Plastics Clinics do have finance plans, but sorry I have no experience with them.

You will just have to do some research. Very few plastics procedures are covered by OHIP.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Ginnny
on 11/14/18 5:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16
Topic: RE: Referral Today - So Many Questions!

Hi I had to go through the OBN in Windsor who does all your appointments and then refers you to the hospital. At the time I had a choice of Guelph or TWH and had wanted Guelph because it was closer but had I stuck with that I would have had to have a sleep test and I didn't want that. So TWH it was. I had Dr. Urbach who is the head of the department so I was in very good hands!

My referral was made in June, I had orientation in July and my first appointments in September. My surgery was the following April - so 10 months start to finish.

As for what surgery you get it really depends on your health and your surgeon. Trust in their expertise.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics