Recent Posts

ladygodiva1228
on 6/26/23 8:22 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
Topic: RE: Newby here... waiting for my surgery date

Most of the forums are kind of quiet except for the RNY one. They have a daily menu and other posts. Maybe post on there so you can get some tips.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

ArmandoMyers
on 6/5/23 3:28 am, edited 6/4/23 8:33 pm
Topic: RE: Anxiety is holding me back

I stumbled upon this old thread and couldn't help but notice your heartfelt post from four years ago. I hope you're doing well and that life has been kind to you since then.
Anxiety can be a real tough cookie to crack, but I wanted to offer you some support and encouragement, even though it's been quite a while. If you're still struggling with anxiety or if you've found ways to cope with it, remember that you're not alone in this journey.
If you're still seeking guidance and support, I'd recommend checking out anxiety hotline. They can be a great resource for talking to trained professionals who can offer valuable advice and assistance.

Tracey300686
on 5/31/23 5:18 am
Topic: RE: Hair loss...

Newby here....I am sorry you have to go through that, it is one of my fears also. I have started now with the biotin, previous to surgery in the hopes that i don't lose alot. Unfortunately i tend to lose enough now as it is.

Tracey300686
on 5/31/23 5:12 am
Topic: Newby here... waiting for my surgery date

Good morning. I am new to the site and hoping to connect with people who are in all stages of surgery or weight loss in general. I am in the beginning stages of speaking to the surgeon about gastric bypass, anyone have any helpful tips?

ryderbridge
on 5/17/23 2:05 pm
Topic: RE: Anxiety is holding me back

I know this thread is from a year ago, but I wanted to reach out and offer some support. Dealing with anxiety can be tough, and it's understandable that it may hold you back from pursuing the procedure you want.
If you're still struggling with social anxiety, it could be beneficial to seek help from a therapist or counselor.

Patm
on 5/15/23 12:09 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Topic: RE: It's very sad

Hi,

I am in Toronto. Might have met at a conference? or just on here. I have had some health set backs and really need to get back on tract.

elisabeth1968
on 5/8/23 8:09 pm, edited 5/8/23 1:14 pm - toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Spring 2023 Clothing Exchange!!!

Good evening I am so sorry I haven?t been on here for a very long time. I would have been more than happy to come out to the clothing exchange. I remember attending a few during the years they were a lot of fun.
I had RNY 2015 lost a little over 100 pounds but gains approx 30 the last 3 years unfortunately due to so many factors.

looking forward to getting in here more often for support.

thank you

Elisabeth

Mattman1
on 5/8/23 2:53 pm
VSG on 04/23/18
Topic: RE: It's very sad

I really believe it has to be a GROUP EFFORT

I use to go to the Facebook support group pages a lot but infrequently now,sadly,even with this one. The pandemic had a lot to do with it, and things really are not normal yet.

ALL we can do gang is hang in there as there are strength in numbers.

Mallory
on 5/7/23 2:39 pm - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Spring 2023 Clothing Exchange!!!

Thank you to the dozen ladies who braved the weather to attend the exchange today! We donated 10 large bags to charity!!! Pat L. was the lucky door prize winner of a $50 prepaid VISA. Save the date November 12th for the next exchange!!!

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

lexxiblue
on 5/7/23 11:02 am
RNY on 01/11/12
Topic: RE: An Oldie looking for Oldies..

Hi Marley.... and 2008.. wow... 15 years ago??? good for you.. I had a friend of a friend who also went to Michigan for her surgery.. as she lived in London at the time. But unfortunately, life got in the way for her.. and... she's struggling once again to lose weight. Myself, we moved to Belleville from Hamilton, lost my sister 2 weeks later unexpectedly... and i went into depression and of course, not knowing anyone, not working, the frigidaire in the kitchen became my best friend.. and when covid hit.. yep.. add another 20lbs... omg.. i'd like to lose those 20lbs and a few more... but if it doesn't happen i'm ok with that too...

hope life is good to you!!!

take care of you and thanks for answering

Lexi

Most Active
Recent Topics