Patm’s Posts

Patm
on 1/1/24 2:03 pm
Topic: RE: An Oldie looking for Oldies..

Happy New Year. Hope it is a good one

Patm
on 12/26/23 9:23 am
Topic: RE: An Oldie looking for Oldies..

Hi Lexi, I have also not been on here for awhile. Kind of sad to see it be so inactive. I think a lot of us struggle with re-gain at some time. I also suffer from depression. I am trying to stop eating to deal with it.

Patm
on 12/26/23 9:17 am
Topic: RE: 17 years.

Thanks for posting Dawn. I have also had some challenges and find myself up 25 lbs. I was starting to have some problems with weight then covid hit. I think I ate my way through it.

Last year , I had pneumonia fr 10 months. I have been trying to finally get moving more. At 72 I do not bounce back very fast. Not being active made my arthritis worse so some days it is hard to be motivated. Unfortunately the pneumonia attacked my pancreas and I am now insulin dependent diabetic. This has been an adjustment. Learning to level out my highs and lows.

This January I will be 12 years out and also need to get back to basics. I do not want it to be a New Year resolution. I have failed too many of those. So maybe a surgerversary re-start.

Patm
on 5/15/23 12:09 pm
Topic: RE: It's very sad

Hi,

I am in Toronto. Might have met at a conference? or just on here. I have had some health set backs and really need to get back on tract.

Patm
on 5/7/22 6:42 am
Topic: RE: I am new, I am ready to get real help, but I have so many questions

The surgery is covered by OHIP. The costs for you would be travel to the hospital for appointments. Post surgery it is absolutely essential you take vitamins daily. I do not know which hospitals in the north do this surgery but if you can find out the site may have information for you. They usually have an initial information meeting.

Good Luck

Patm
on 5/7/22 6:37 am
Topic: RE: osteoporosis

I am starting to have issues with bone thinning. I am 70 yrs old and 10 yrs out from surgery. It have been told to take 1500 mg of calcium a day. I am not sure our bodies can even absorb that much.

Is anyone else out there dealing with this?

Patm
on 5/7/22 6:33 am
Topic: RE: It's very sad

Funny you should post this. I have not been on here for years. I became disillusioned with some negativity here. However I came across this post plus another that are helping me with a current issue. I am happy to see a few people still here. Perhaps I will drop in more often.

Patm
on 1/18/18 5:37 am
Topic: RE: Surgery List

Hi everyone. I have been doing the surgery list for 5 years now. I would like to stop and wondered if there is anyone who feels they can take it on?

You would have to have the banner at the top changed to have you receive the PM's

Please PM me if you can do this

Patm
on 1/17/18 10:23 am
Topic: RE: Not here for judgements!

I am sure for you it is not helpful. So block the person and move on. You will never agree with everyone on the forums

By the way although I do not post a lot here anymore, I have been on the forums for 6 years.

Patm
on 1/17/18 10:21 am
Topic: RE: Why not Mexico

In Ontario you will be followed for 3 years by the centre. They provide much needed follow-up. You will not be able to access any of the programs they offer.

You will have to ensure you have extensive blood work done on a bi-yearly basis to ensure your vitamin levels remain high.

How confident are you in following up on your own care?

Patm
on 1/17/18 10:12 am
Topic: RE: Not here for judgements!

We are hear to listen not to judge yet you have just judged peoples intentions. If someone has posted they gained weight it is usually a cry for help. If they are happy with gaining they usually do not post. Most people try to help the person who gained. Suggestions on menu changes or ways to avoid cravings

I find your post very judgemental. If you do not like a persons postings feel free to block them and only listen to people who agree with you

Patm
on 12/20/17 9:00 am
Topic: RE: Early Christmas Present - I've Got A Date!

I have added you to the surgery list. Good luck

Patm
on 12/5/17 7:35 am
Topic: RE: Sage Advice from the Pros Please ;)

Try to figure how why you eat. What are your triggers. We all have them. During the first months you will be excited and most people stick to plan. However for maintenance you will need to know how to avoid the triggers and what to do about them. Your centre has great psychologists to help if you need it.

Start drinking water now. You will need to find away to drink enough.

To get in your protein you need to make sure your meals are protein forward. Hard to image only eating a cup of food at a time. It will take you a while to even get to that amount. So always fill up on protein first. This will keep you full longer and help with healing.

Also what Craving Change said. Track your food. Whether on paper or with something like my fitness pal.

Good luck

Patm
on 12/1/17 5:25 pm
Topic: RE: quite curious about protein (what are you eating to get it all in)

Check out the menu thread. Lot of good items there. All meals should be protein forward. I eat meat them some veg. Little fruit and no white carbs only complex like legumes.

Yogurt, chili (home made not tim's) the list goes on and I am sure your centre has given you one.

What meats or protein did you eat before surgery? You should be able to eat them now if you chew them enough. People often do not realise they have to chew until it is almost nothing before swallowing. Your new stomach can not break it down.

Milk is a slider and does not fill you up long enough. You are still not absorbing all your nutrients.

Many if us have listened to the nutritionists and gone our own way. At almost 6 years I am happy with my loss and maintenance.

Patm
on 10/8/17 5:45 am
Topic: RE: Got mu surgery date !

I have added you to the surgery list. Good luck

Patm
on 9/29/17 6:42 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating /doing Friday

Good morning all. Glad it is Friday. I am surprised no one started the threaIf you are someone who views the thread feel free to jump in and add to it or even strt it.

Having company tomorrow so baking and cleaning today. Suppose to be a grey day so I do not mind being inside.

b 3 sausages, 1 egg

l tuna with mayo, melba tost

s beef jerky

d meatloaf, salad

s tea

Hope everyone has a great day

Patm
on 9/28/17 6:33 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)?

Good morning. Exhausting day yesterday. Union meeting at lunch for a grievance. Then got sucked into a layoff later in the day. The union was under the impression the university could not lay off people while in bargaining but they did it anyway. This is going to up-set a lot of people. The university is very miss managed and they are looking for ways to get out of a deficit. Work itself is driving me crazy so I am glad this is my last day this week.

b greek yogurt, granola

l chili, yogurt

s beef jerky

d meat sauce on spaghetti squash, salad

s tea

Did not stick to plan yesterday. I hope my will power is better today

Patm
on 9/27/17 8:44 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing Wednesday

This is really normal. Keep to plan and it will change

Patm
on 9/27/17 6:11 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing Wednesday

Good morning all. I am hoping the weather will cool a little soon. I think our air conditioning dies last night. I had hoped not to replace it but we may need to.

Busy day today with work and union business. Going to my first grievance meeting. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Home tonight to chill. If it is cooler will go for a walk. I have been going off diet since I got back from holidays. Today I am trying to cut back to get into the swing of things again so my calories are low.

b greek yogurt, blueberries, granaol

l chili, yogurt

s celery with laughing cow

d pan fried cod, salad

s tea

cal 729, carb69, prot 75

Carbs are still high but mostly from the beans in the chili. Since they are complex carbs I am not as worried about them

Patm
on 9/26/17 1:25 pm
Topic: RE: SHOCK AND AWE! Taking before pics.... and surviving it!

Photos are good but take your measurements as well. There will be times (predictable 3 week stall) when the scale will not move but you will continue to lose inches.

It is a good motivator to keep going

Patm
on 9/26/17 8:19 am
Topic: RE: what are you eating / doing Tuesday

Work is crazy right now. I will probably be exhausted tonight. We will also have to entertain my 10 year old granddaughter for 2 hours. That can also be exhausting.

I had trouble falling asleep last night because my mind would not turn off. I am going to need a lot of coffee to make it through today without hitting someone.

b greek yogurt, blueberries, sf granola

l chili, a little salad

s laughing cow and celery

d smoked pork tenderloin, a taste of potato rosti, salad

s tea

I have been having trouble sticking to program since coming back from holidays. Also not enough exercise.

Not usre I am going to be able to swim this week so need to do something to keep mioving

Patm
on 9/25/17 6:20 am
Topic: RE: what are you eating/doing Monday

Good morning Leeann. Not working today. I need to get moving more. I am stiff from sitting around too much.

So a little house work and a walk today.

b grek yogurt, blueberries, sf granola

l tuna with mayo on melba toast

s beef jerky

d chili, salad

s tea, celery, laughing cow

cal 906, prot 73

Patm
on 9/24/17 6:19 am
Topic: RE: Cry baby ?

This is very common. We store hormones in our fat. As we quickly lose hormones are dumped into our system. It will even out in a few days.

Patm
on 9/23/17 6:59 am
Topic: RE: What are you eating/doing (Saturday)

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Saturday. I have a gift certificate for having my nails done. I have crappy nails but think I will use it anyway.

Off to a party tonight for my daughter in law and granddaughter. They are 30 and 10 respectively. I do not particularity like parties but will try to enjoy it. Also will try not to eat too much.

b greek yogurt, granola

l tuna and mayo, melba toast, celery

d not sure but just a small snack before leaving.

Patm
on 9/22/17 6:04 am
Topic: RE: 6 Month Update

Congratulations. Keep up the great job you are doing and you will continue to be a success

Most Active
Recent Topics