Kidbd’s Posts

Kidbd
on 4/21/21 5:22 pm
Topic: RE: No help at Humber when asking

Leslie, thank you so much, I will do that right away. I have to lose at least 40

pounds before it gets out of hand! Much appreciated

Kidbd
on 3/12/21 4:15 am

I know my file is closed. I don't want it opened. I asked for opti fast. I'm not impressed by the attitude of the staff. Also waiting 6-8 months is redundant.

In other words, after 10 years tough luck, you're on your own. Funny thing is, I can buy it elsewhere so I will.

I will file a complaint against the staff also. I was told by the staff 10 years ago that this is ongoing and for my lifetime. Obviously the staff were more empathetic and caring back then. Never had anyone snicker before

THAT is the issue here, not my making sure my vitamins are ok or that I want to see a surgeon.

Kidbd
on 3/10/21 7:20 am

Simple problem here.Called Humber. Explained I have had surgery 9 years ago. Need assistance to start an opti fast program as I've gained 49 pounds of my 130 lost pounds.

She laughed at me.

said I have to get a referral from my family doctor

go through a 12 week program

being monitored and attending "classes"

but it's 6-8 month wait list for that!!!!

she snickered when she said that. I then replied I can't wait that long, I'll gain too much, so she said sorry and hung up

SO MUCH FOR FOLLOW UP AND CARING

Kidbd
on 4/13/14 11:47 am
Topic: RE: Help and support please

Well hello there! Ok I had my surgery last January, 2013! I have lost over 100 pounds. I felt exactly like you did. Cry. It's the anthesetic. Then you'll stop. There's crap going on in you that feels weird and it's scary. 

It will be ok. You will lose weight. You will walk Fast and often! And not short of breath! You will dance again. A lot if you want! I bought a puppy. I hiked in a rain forest in Mexico! I was in a feeeking kayak with my husband. Lol...

be scared be afraid, because if you're not, then something's wrong. Ask questions here, but, pay attention to what goes into your mouth. Drink lots of water. You'll be fine soon. We all make it there. 

Kidbd
on 3/21/13 8:41 am
Topic: RE: Broke my foot 1 week before surgery!

Omg, I broke my foot on Sunday, the 17th. Am on crutches, and have a cast. Fortunately I had my surgery January 10th, but, I have to go to Las Vegas in April for my sons wedding. The excercising  has stopped. Hope I can back into it soon.

good luck to you. 

Kidbd
on 3/21/13 8:35 am
Topic: RE: Search items.. Question about pain.

Yes Monica, I found most people experience the pain, but, didn't find out if and when it stops. I'm getting tired of it, that's all.

Kidbd
on 3/20/13 11:18 pm

enlightened ok, I found it, thanks. Duh., 

Kidbd
on 3/20/13 10:22 pm
Topic: RE: I made it! I am here!

Great news!!! Must feel good. angry

Kidbd
on 3/20/13 10:18 pm

I wi**** was possible to search subjects on here. The developers should seriously add that as I'm sure many subjects are repeated often and past answers may help.

i'm wondering about the pouch pain. I am 2 months and a bit out and when I try something new, I usually get some pain, almost a dumping feeling. It goes away after a few minutes, but it makes me not want to try that item again. I feel like I'm not progressing, although I'm losing (50 lbs), I just wondered if this is common and how long does it go on for?

now, if there was a search area, i'm positive this info has been mentioned! 

Kidbd
on 3/18/13 9:00 am
Topic: RE: Is there a group meeting in Barrie?

Awww, sorry I couldn't make it. I'll try for next month.😁

Kidbd
on 3/15/13 8:20 am

Thanks very much. I'll try to make it.

Kidbd
on 3/15/13 7:04 am

Just wondering when and where?

Kidbd
on 3/11/13 1:38 pm
Topic: RE: Barrie support group is great!

I would like to go this week end for the first time. Can someone give me the info? Thanks.

Kidbd
on 3/6/13 2:25 am
Kidbd
on 2/27/13 9:49 am
Topic: RE: First night with CPAP. We aren't in love yet...

I've had my auto cpap for 5 months. Hated at first but I love it now. My night is now a deep, restful complete sleep. I used to hate going to bed, now I love it. I sleep on my side/stomach. The first month was hell. Mouth open, ears popping, waking up, throwing masks. I have a small nostril mask. Hang in there, it gets better.

Kidbd
on 2/23/13 8:49 am
Topic: RE: Is any alchohol permitted, 3 months post op?

Thank you everyone for your advice. I figure I'll know when the time comes. I haven't dumped yet, so, my body is a good indicator of what I can and cannot have. If it hurts, I stop. So I'll try a couple sips. Lol 

Kidbd
on 2/23/13 3:30 am
Topic: RE: Is any alchohol permitted, 3 months post op?

I am going to sons wedding in April in Las Vegas. I was just wondering if I'm able to follow my food content pretty close by eating out for 7 days, is it possible to have a small drink or two by then? I am not a drinker, so, this never crossed my mind, but I would like to be able to celebrate just a little. 

Kidbd
on 2/16/13 12:48 pm
Topic: RE: 1 month out. A few eating issues and the dreaded C word.

Hi Mike, I had my surgery jan 10th, and am not having too much trouble with constipation anymore. I used Metamucil clear. I was told the ingredients are exactly the same as bene fibre. I add it too peppermint tea, which I drink 4-5 cups/day. Once it takes affect, everything works no problem. Good luck.

Most Active