Katie Gavin’s Posts

Katie Gavin
on 4/9/21 4:32 pm
Topic: RE: Dr Glazer gave the go ahead for revision!

Hey guys!

ok so Dr Glazer gave the go ahead for my revision! He said to call Kline on Monday if I hadn't heard from his office for surgery date by then. Can anyone tell me roughly the wait time from the point? All other appointments are done!

thanks!

Katie Gavin
on 3/29/21 2:57 am
Topic: RE: Humber River wait time??

Thank you so much for you info!!! Super helpful!
Thank you!

Katie Gavin
on 3/28/21 9:34 am

You have to eat more? But you loose more with DS? I'm getting the same procedure is you.

Katie Gavin
on 3/28/21 6:28 am

Please tell me more!! So did they undo your bypass for the sleeve? How was that? Did you notice a difference from the first time or was recovery and eating after very similar? Did you have weight loss with sleeve? And how do you feel about DS?

Katie Gavin
on 3/27/21 5:33 pm

Super helpful thanks! I see Dr Glazer in Less than 2 weeks and my vit D was low so hopefully he will still approve revision!

Katie Gavin
on 3/11/21 7:02 pm

Hey guys!

just wondering once all appointments are done how long is it normally until surgery?

I have the internist at the beginning of April and then I meet with Kline again to get my date, if all goes well.

Katie Gavin
on 1/22/17 4:45 am
Topic: RE: Revision surgery

Thanks for replying Krista,

im just wondering what his take on revision was? Or his Attitude?  I'm reading about macanical issues with pouch but I'm not sure exactly what that includes....  I'm reading how some Dr brush off some people..   He was amazing and fit me into a cancellation spot 13 years ago... ya, I guess I'm just wondering if there could be a reason for this sudden weight gain... and chronic fatigue symptoms that are kinda sudden and blood work shows no reason for..

Katie Gavin
on 1/18/17 6:25 pm
Topic: RE: Revision surgery? Anyone?

I hope you are pleased with the surgery you choose.  It's so funny, back when I had it I didn't know there were options... if there were?    Your right only I know my body, and I know somthing is seriously off.. the dr's are now telling me it's chronic fatigue and ya, it feels that way but it just does not make sense.  After my bypass I was completely anemic.. blood transfusions, infusions until they did a coderization... and that is how it feels, like I did right before a blood transfusion... but iron and hemoglobin are fine... so maybe dr Hagen can help.. maybe he can find a reason for my body shutting down. And gaining weight like crazy.... maybe hormones? Premenopausal? When does that start? Anyone? 36 ?

sorry for the long rant!

ha!

Katie Gavin
on 1/17/17 11:40 am

Thanks Bonnie,

ya I think that will be the first step... seeing if something has happened.  I was treated for H pylori 6 years ago so who knows..    It's an abnormal weight gain.... like I would have to be eating Big Macs every hour to make sense of this weight gain.... 

Katie Gavin
on 1/16/17 3:44 pm
Topic: RE: Revision surgery

Hi! I know your post is from years ago, but I'm wondering how you are? Did you go back to see Hagen!  I'm seeing him this month and I don't know how to address the revision... does he do it? 

Katie Gavin
on 1/16/17 3:32 pm

I had my surgery 12 years ago.  I have had 3 kids and my weight has gone up and down.. until recently.  Nothing Will keep the lbs off.  I'm meeting with Dr Hagen at the end of the month... He did my original surgery!! Had anyone had revision surgery? Where? How did it go??

Katie Gavin
on 6/5/06 6:29 am
Topic: RE: I CAN'T STOP EATING!
hello!!! honestly..... i had the same fears that you do before i had my surgery..and really it was all gone after....i did not want to eat that junk...and i could not..that is the biggest thing..when you cant..you wont.... now that im a year and i bit out..i can..and i do..but it woud be half insted of a 6 pack....dont freak out....it will be great......you will do wonderfuly... Kate -155lbs
Katie Gavin
on 5/18/06 1:24 pm
Topic: RE: Hello All! LONG TIME..i know i know!
Hello everyone...... i know it has bee along time!!!!! and it has been a crazy time!!!!!! so i got married!!!! yep....crazy... so it has been 15 months and i have lost 156 bin total..i keep gainning and lossing the same 5 pounds....but im ok with that i cant even believe how my life has change...my husband and i worked togetehr before i had the surgery and he was inlove with me before i even new i was having the surgery..that was a big thing for me!i hape your all well... Dr Hagen let me go..i graduated.......i no longer see him ..only if ther is a problem!!!! so how is everyone??? kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/18/06 11:23 pm
Topic: RE: question!
SO has anyone had plastic surgery after your weight loss... i reamember it being said that ohip will also cover that?? i have my last apt with Dr HAgen and we will be disscussing that..but i was just wondering....is there some criteria that has to be met first???/ thankyou Kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/17/06 3:59 am
Topic: RE: 1 year!!!WOW
I cant believe it... it was 1 year yesterday that i was given another chance at life...really...it went so fast..i cant believe it.. I am down 153 lbs!! wow! hope you are all doing well! bye bye KAte
Katie Gavin
on 1/12/06 11:59 am
Topic: RE: 11 months!!! went so fast! WOW!!!!
Ha Ha that is so funny! tell him thankyou!!! hehehe i have tried to post more but they have not been updated yet!!!! it somtimes takes a long time! but i will keep trying!
Katie Gavin
on 1/12/06 10:20 am
Topic: RE: 11 months!!! went so fast! WOW!!!!
Wel!!!! it has been 11 months..and i am down 153 lbs! Guys i can even tell you! this trip has been amaing!!!! words can't explain how i feel! you all will one day know and it is a breath of freash air....aaahhhhhh so ya yeverything thing is going well...my hair is growing back well!!!that is exciting trust me... i am eating more and the energy that i have is crazy!!!! how you are all well! Kate
Katie Gavin
on 1/12/06 10:16 am
Topic: RE: I HAD MY CONSULT WITH DR.HAGEN JAN 9TH 06
Hello! Dr Hagen was did my surgery last Feb....He was the best surgen ever....really i was up and going the next day..he was going to send me home..it was amazing..... i had no problems at all...none!! you are in GREAT hands.... So in 11 months i have lost 153 lbs!!! it has been a amazing ride and i hope your experiance is as good as mine was....good luck! Kate
Katie Gavin
on 1/3/06 10:35 am
Topic: RE: A female question for all the ladies
Hello! i honestly did not notice a change at all...i remember reading and hearing that it changed....but not me...!!!! good luck! KAte
Katie Gavin
on 12/29/05 2:24 pm
Topic: RE: Up date!
HEy everyone!!!! sorry. Again I have not written as much as i would like to of. life is so crazy..im go go go all the time...... so!!!!! i am down to 207lbs!!! for thoes who have been around for a long time know that i started at 355lbs and ya i am a compleatly new person...i am so happy with everything!!! REALLY!!!! i cant believe it is going to be a year.....in Feb...NUTS!!! how are yall doing???? i just sent a new pic in tonight so i will let you know when it is up and you can see the diff!~~~~ i started at a size 26 pant...and that was snug...now i just bought some army pants in a size 13...wow eh!!!! CRAZY!!!! ok i will try to keep intouch more offen!!! bye bye kate
Katie Gavin
on 11/21/05 12:12 pm
Topic: RE: Percentage of excess weight loss
HEllo!!! so ya i did lose Hair..not that people could really notice..but i did it came out in chunks!!! i was told it was VERY normal and many people go through it.,... i did cut my hair just to make it look healthy!...um he persentage..i was also told 70-80%.. i am at about 72% of my extra body fat... i was 355 and i am 5 `11. and i am now 211lbs...it is amazing!!! good luck! Kate
Katie Gavin
on 11/11/05 10:15 pm
Topic: RE: NEW PIC's!
Hey everyone..my poptos are up...there ws a mistake with the #'s! the new photos i am 230 lbs, not 260 ..... but ya! it was very strange to see them up there..and to do the before and aafter you know!...like..thats me!!!! ya its crazy! hehehe kate
Katie Gavin
on 11/2/05 9:03 pm
Topic: RE: -141 lbs!
Hey everyone again i am sorry for not posting more offen...life is nuts!... so i am 8 months out and down 141 lbs! ya i can not believe it. i just sent in new pic's so they should be up in a few weeks or so.....im down to a size 14 from 26 and it is so nice..i can shop in all stores pretty much but plus size stores are to nig for sure..it feels so good! my energy leve is high.... i am having issues with "blackingout" and feeling dizzy...not really sure.... but i have a Dr apt soon! um my hair loss is slowing down...im still loosing hair, but not as much... i have gone to a few family functions. most people have not seen me since befoer the surgery..and some have awlked right by me...not even noticing it was me..it reaslly is the strangest thing ever!!!! but im very happy....im still dating my boy and i love that he loved me before i lost all this weight..that really was a huge concern for me . that i would resnt any guy that was interested in my. but he loved me anda ll his friends and family ned last christmas when i did not even know i was goign to have the surgery....it all worked out in the end!!!! well i will try and pst more offen! when my pics are up i will let ya'll know! take care!!!! good luck to you. kate
Katie Gavin
on 9/13/05 1:03 pm
Topic: RE: It's me, a new ME!
Hello everyone!!! how are you all?? Im good! its going to be 7 months now!! i cant believe it! it has gone so fast!!! im down to a size 16..from 26! i can not believe it!!! i have an energy that i have never had before!!! its crazy! i am eating more!!! my hair is still commingout but no0t in handfulls.. it has slowed down alot!!!..im having issues with getting dizzy when i stand up and afew black outs!! im not sure what that is about yet!! but i have an apt with my Dr.! well hope your all doing well!!!! i will be on latter! or soon!!! and will keep putting on pic's! bye bye! kate
Most Active