Katie Gavin’s Posts

Katie Gavin
on 3/10/05 8:10 am
Topic: RE: Oh ya!
ok so imout searching for vitamins and stuff...and i cam accross Calcium..soft chewable CHOCOLAT!!!!SO GOOD! it is by Jamieson Mega cal! Guys it is so good!!!!!! $11.00 at Wal-mart... 60 chews! yum yum! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/10/05 7:24 am
Topic: RE: SURVIVOR
As long as its not a hottie im good!!!!! last survivor, i was so mad all the hotties were booted off first!!!NOT COOL
Katie Gavin
on 3/9/05 11:02 am
Topic: RE: Update on KRista!
hey ya'll I just got off the phone with Krista and i wanted to let you know that she recieved her intake forms from Dr. Hagen and klien!!!ok it took 3 months for her to get hers..took me 8 months!!!!! this means things are speeding up here in Toronto!!!!YEH!!!! just wanted to let you all know she is doing well..just no puter right now!!! bye bye! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/9/05 8:31 am
Topic: RE: Must have post op!!!
I have been searching for somthing like gatorade...with less or no sugar...well i found it today at Sobeys "Propel" it is a vitamin enhancrd water!!! becasue of the dehydration..this will help!!heres hopping!!!its so yummy and no sugar!!!!and a fun bottle! bye for now! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/9/05 8:27 am
Topic: RE: 3 weeks wow
Dr Hagen wants to seee me in 6 weeks!!!!well 5 now! but ya!!! 2 weeks then 6 and after that im not sure!!!! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/9/05 8:24 am
this might be crazy advice but i would focus on somthing....like have somthing that excites you...for me there was one thing that got me through the pain, wanting food, wondering if i did the righ thing....it was.. THE SUMMER!!! when i was wanting somthing to eat...sub!!!!! i would think of the summer and how hot im going to look!!hehehe and that is what got me through to the next craving!! and it still works!!! maybe im nuts but that is what has gotten me through!!!! how that helps! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/8/05 8:21 pm
so i passed my 3 week mark yesterday! i can not believe that it has only been that long..if feels alot longer..... but it flew by!!! work has been great.. the only thing is my energy level..i have to let my body swich gears...it has to learn that it is functioning on a diffrent energy level...but it will happen very soon!!!um ya!!! so i got on the scale at work and it was diffrent before surgery then the surgens scale but according to this one i have lost 28 lbs! im very happy with that..some people have lost more..but we all start the race at diffrent spots! well i have to jet but i will keep ya'll posted! bye bye! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/7/05 8:39 am
Topic: RE: home from work!
ya so it was my first day back! and it went well! i did nto fell tired untill 6 ish! and it was from very little food throughout the day! so tomorow i have to remember to eat even if im not hungry! All the gals at work said that they saw a big change..the boys said nothing but im glad they did not!!hehehe so i will talk to you all latter! and keep posting..man this board has been dry!!!!common! hehehehe kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/5/05 4:00 am
Topic: RE: day 20 !!!
well everyone..i am feeling so good!..i know all the posts say the same thing, sorry about that! but im fealing great! everything is going down with no prob! hope your all doing well kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/4/05 10:55 pm
Topic: RE: I'm back from Michigan now too!!
Wendy im so happy for you!!!! i had a giggle at you coment about sears..i am doing the same thing all the time!!!!!hehehe this summer i tell you!!!! im going to loook hot!hehheheheeh take care and let us know what goes on from here!!!!! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/3/05 7:59 am
Topic: RE: Its Me!
Ok so im going back to work a week early...crazy eh! i though that i was pushing it with 3 weeks..i thought i would need more time! that just shows how amazing of a surgen Dr. Hagen is! chat latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/3/05 3:41 am
Topic: RE: seeing Denise on monday!!dieticain,anyone else see her?
Amanda Denise is great!!! she was with me!!! now im not sure how much research you had done but she like to see that you have looked into what your infor after the surgery!!!! she will ask questions like...what do you expect to happen after the surgery, or what social issues do you have now? and how do you see them after the surgery? this is just the type of question that she asked me!! and be honest!! she like hearing what struggles you forsee! ya! but she is very profesional so dont let that come accross as mean or snotish! ya! good luck im sure you will do fine!@!!! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/2/05 6:05 am
Topic: RE: Dr Klein or Dr Hagan
Hello! I had surgery on the 15 of Feb/05 and Dr Hagen was my surgen! the waiting time..for me it will be a year since my refural went out and im am done! so that is encouraging....they are both very nice!!! i have only met Dr Kline once!! but Dr Hagen is God sent!!!!! amazing!!!! good luck!! and take the time and reserch, and prep yourself for the life chage! good luck! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/2/05 6:02 am
Topic: RE: Hello all!
sorry i was away for a few days visiting my family in Hamiltonand was stuck(well not stuck becaue it was great) becasue of the snow!!!! So i had my first check up with Dr Hagen! i must say once again! HE IS THE NICEST MAN EVER! for real, i was sitting int he waiting room and it was faull, all people wo see him and he saw me and said " Hello Katie" i thought that was so nice! ok so iwas weiged for the first timeon monday!!!!!! in 13 days!!i lost 18 lbs! wowow eh! i was so happy!!!!! Dr Hagen said that i could go back to work when ever i wanted, he said that my insides are compleatly heald and that im good to go!!! wow eh! that was very quick, way quicker then i thought ! so im eating soft foods and they are staying inno prob. i have not felt sick at all and i have not dumped or puked yet! knoock on wood! um what elce! my energy is comming back. You know what is neet also... is that i have read the you dont feel full or hungry for about 2 months...well i think i have figguered out my "feelings" like i know when my pouch is empty and gurggling becaue it wants food.. and i knoww hat i amd half full and comfortable nd i know how full feels like!!!! i dont like the full feeling!!!! but the half full is perfect!!!!right now im still eating 2-3 oz. depends on the texture and it will take me 30 min to eat a meal....1/4 of a cup! so ya guys i was wondering for a while if i had messed my life up by doinghtis..and then i thin 18lbs!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!so i am so ahppy with my choice!!!! if you have any questions pleases ask!!!!!! i can not believe that my my 26th B-day!!! i will be like 50 -80 lbs lighter!!!!WOW!!!! ok take care! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/24/05 7:35 am
Topic: RE: Daliy Up date!!!
SO .... im tired of this!!!!! i want to go!!!!! iwant to shop!!! i just want to have a shower and not feel tired!!!!! Guys im going great!!! other then the above!!!! but that is my prob!!!! I was more tempted today then any so far!!!! ya! Kraft Dinner!! i wanted some SO BAD!!! sick eh!!!! hehehe but theni think!! im going to be hot but the summer! and the craving goes away!!!! well im out! talk toyou latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/24/05 7:32 am
Topic: RE: I got an appointment!
Dr Joffe where does he practice form? Toronto??? that is such great news! How long have you been waiting???? katie
Katie Gavin
on 2/23/05 2:12 am
Topic: RE: Is it all in me head!???
Ok so this will sound nuts! I have not yet weighed meself! and i wont untill the next dr's apoinment!!!! but i think im am seeing some differences in my body!!! it may be all in my head!! but its in the strangest places! like ok!!!! mt wrists! ya!! i dont get it ! but i have some major bone action on my wrist! that was NOT there before!!!! another! my fingers! my rings tell me so! this is the one that will make you laugh!...the top of my nose! like..at the top, where the cheek bones are ..ya nuts eh! hehehe! I will write latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/23/05 2:07 am
Topic: RE: Chat Room....
Hey i worte this somwhere elce..but i dont know how to get to the chatrooms!! no clue!! never done it!!!! so if you can tell me how to get to it i'll be there! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/23/05 2:04 am
Topic: RE: Hello !!!
Hey all!!! ok the chat room thing sounds good!!! but i have never used one so i have no clue how to get it going or where to click!!!!! if ya'll help!!!! i would join in! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/22/05 11:04 am
Topic: RE: Hello !!!
Sorry i have not been writting ..its just that not many people write so for a while i felt like i was writting to myself!!!! but it is growing!!!the site i mean! Um im well!!!! i just peeled off my tape...ya nasty eh!!! you know what i think im still abit fearful that im going to mess up!!!! like becasue i took the tape off, i think that my insisions are going to split apart....i know a week!! they are closed right up but ya!!! Im feeling better!!!! its 1 week today!!!! so i made it this far!! Im at the point where i feel fine so i forget that i have to be more careful with my body...and i do somthing or move alittle to fas and i am reminded that i just had surgery!!! but soon it will be gone!!!! look thankyou all for thinking of me!!! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/20/05 10:51 am
Topic: RE: Dr.Klein Patients...pls help..??!!
Hello Amanda!!! i think i have written to you before..but it was 3weeks for me !i met the Doc and boom it was miving! but i do believe that they look at your meeting with them and make a call on how you are in the apoinment! and you past ..so it is different for everyone!!!!! good luck! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/20/05 10:46 am
Topic: RE: epidural?????
Hey!!! i just had my surgery on the 15th and i never recieved an epidural... there was no talk of one!!!! hope this makes you feel better! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/19/05 6:26 am
Topic: RE: Another day goes by!
im on day 3 at home!!! and well guys it is getting better!!! i am sore still but not as !!!! i have developed a deap cough and that is no fun! and that is stressing me abit!!!! but ya!! im hopping it goes away.... right now!!!!! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/18/05 10:21 pm
Topic: RE: KATIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Again!!! ok .. i can walk..no prob...now yesterday i was dead set agains taking the pain meds...i coul dnot handle the crushed pills one more time..so i decided to not take it.....untill....last night..i developed a nasty cough...not fun!! and it seems to be bad when i am sleeping! but its another day!.. In the hospotal..ther was no pump.. they had somthing in the IV and a shot of somthing..but i only got it once..after that is is tylonal 3's X2!!!ya nice!!! I am sapposedto eat 3 things soup/yougart/protein shake/ 1/4 a cup of each..and it should talk a and hour.....and they said that that will more then likly not happen becasue of the swelling..and it is true..i do not get that much in!!! i got more water in yesterday then the days before..but still not enough...you know wht is great!! the Minni go's but Danone. they are the perfect size!!!! i use them a meal..becasue that is aobut how much i can eat and feel ok! Ok girl i have to tell you the most painful thing....They have to pump gass intoyou when your in the surgery..and comeiing out is horable..burps are not fun they feel like your squeezing it throught a small straw!! and passing Gass the other was..is not easy...it does not happen right away at all......at home...it started.....but ya its better!! that is byfare the most painful.....post op anyway!!! again i hope i have not said to much!!!!! but i think your right..people dont tell all of this stuf..and this is the stuff that i wish i had known about!!! heheheh ask me anything! kate
Katie Gavin
on 2/18/05 4:18 am
Topic: RE: KATIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Hello!!!Lora! im not going to write long im on the tired side right now!!!! i have been home for 2 days now and im feeling more sore then i did in the hospital! but ya! im healing! i am finding it so hard to eat and drink what i was told to!!! ok a side note!!!! i am just trying my liquid calcium righ tnow for the first time!!!YUM YUM!!! if the pain meds only tasted this good!!!! ok sorry!!! ya So i went to hummber River at 6 am. and the 2 hours leading up to the surgery at 8 was so hard!!!!i was going from here to there talking to this person and that.....on the inside i was going NUTS!!! once i went to the OR watiing room....i had so many things running through my head....i was honestly reconsidering....then Dr Hagen came out and chatted with me!! he said that it was going to be great and asked if i had any other questions....He said that he was going to get ready and that he would see me in ther!!!! and that made me feel alot better!!! then i got giddy! ya the people thought that i was nuts! the anistiesiologist(sp) came over and he was great as well....the first thing he did was spray this NASTY NAST stuff in my throught...it tasted like rotten grapfrout mixed with poison..it was horable!!!! he did that a few times and i coul dnto feel my throught!!! then a lady im guessing a surgen as well....cme out and she was great....she walked me to the surgery room!! wheni walked in ..i think i left my body...i was doing what they were asking..but i was not there upstaires....you know what i mean!!!!..so i laied on the table..and they started strapping me down!!!he started freezing my throught more..with this HORABLE tasting stuff..worst then the last!!!! for real!!!NASTY! They put the IV in and i was getting tired....i was alomost out when they put the tube down through my motuh......ok i do not want to scair you..but it was bad....i think it was so bad becasue i was out if it..but i remember tring to sit up and trying to get my arms looses to get them away from me..but iwas strapped down..good thing too!!! then i was OUT! When i woke up... i could not open my eyes..i remeber Dr Hagen talking to me and telling me it was over and it went great but thats it i was out again!!!! then i slowly woke up in my room!!!crazy eh!!! im sorry if any of this scairs you..this is somthing knowone had told me!!! they skipped all of th is and i wish i had know!!!! so again sorry!!! if it makes you nervious! kate
Most Active
Recent Topics