lexxiblue’s Posts

lexxiblue
on 12/27/23 4:15 pm
Topic: RE: An Oldie looking for Oldies..

HI Pat!!!

Great to hear from you ... another "golden oldie"... yes it is sad this site is so inactive but i think facebook is the winner here!!! Times change... i'm still hanging onto the olden days!!! Depression sucks... maintenance is even harder.... and especially when there isn't any more contact with the bariatric clinic or follow-ups... the weight is slowly coming off... finally but my own doing of course... back to basics and walking!!! and depression.. well... meditation is working for me... and staying busy.. and of course, water water water... but then... i visit the "loo" at lot more which has been interrupting my sleep... just can't win... .. take care of you and happy new year!

Lexi (Deb)

lexxiblue
on 12/27/23 4:09 pm
Topic: RE: Spring 2024 Clothing Exchange!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!

Hey Mallory

Great to see you're still have clothing exchanges!!!! and also great to see a familiar name!!! I used to "live" on this site prior to and during surgery and a bit shortly after... then boom... slowly drifted away... sad... i miss the "Oldies"... i'll have to pop in again to see what's happening.. and ya never know.. one of these exchanges i just might show up!!

take care of you and happy new year!!

Lexi (Deb)

lexxiblue
on 5/7/23 11:02 am

Hi Marley.... and 2008.. wow... 15 years ago??? good for you.. I had a friend of a friend who also went to Michigan for her surgery.. as she lived in London at the time. But unfortunately, life got in the way for her.. and... she's struggling once again to lose weight. Myself, we moved to Belleville from Hamilton, lost my sister 2 weeks later unexpectedly... and i went into depression and of course, not knowing anyone, not working, the frigidaire in the kitchen became my best friend.. and when covid hit.. yep.. add another 20lbs... omg.. i'd like to lose those 20lbs and a few more... but if it doesn't happen i'm ok with that too...

hope life is good to you!!!

take care of you and thanks for answering

Lexi

lexxiblue
on 5/7/23 10:58 am

Yes those conferences were a lot of fun and a lot of work for Janet... and whoever else helped her.... wonder if there'll ever be another one.. thank you Covid!!!

Take care of you my friend

Lexi

lexxiblue
on 3/27/23 1:40 pm

how can one find you on FB if one does not know a last name???? Deb Stewart here!!!

lexxiblue
on 3/27/23 1:36 pm

Yes covid made a lot of stops and changes... and some of the stops haven't resurfaced.. unfortunately... and congrats to you!!! 50lbs less is my goal... to get back to where i should be... of 6 years ago... i'm disgusted with myself... so that's motivation enough for me!! and ya never know.. Toronto is a bit of a drive.. but never say never!!! :-)

lexxiblue
on 3/27/23 1:25 pm
Topic: RE: Be Motivated Always! Do not Give Up!

Congratulations to you CeCe.... hard word and a great attitude keeps us going!!! Good for you!!! I'm a "lifer"... had surgery in 2011... can't say i didn't have a regain.. that would be a lie.. but i'm working on it... and covid wasn't nice to me.. nor was the incident happening 2 weeks after we moved to Belleville from Hamilton.. but life goes on and so do i.... one day at a time...

take care of you...

Lexxi

lexxiblue
on 3/27/23 1:25 pm
Topic: RE: Be Motivated Always! Do not Give Up!

Congratulations to you CeCe.... hard word and a great attitude keeps us going!!! Good for you!!! I'm a "lifer"... had surgery in 2011... can't say i didn't have a regain.. that would be a lie.. but i'm working on it... and covid wasn't nice to me.. nor was the incident happening 2 weeks after we moved to Belleville from Hamilton.. but life goes on and so do i.... one day at a time...

take care of you...

Lexxi

lexxiblue
on 3/27/23 1:22 pm

Hi Mallory.... so nice of you to say hi!!! All is good... could be better.. but not sense complaining!!! How about you??? A new clothing exchange .. that is awesome.. glad you're keeping that event up!!! Having moved to Belleville; miss all my WLS friends from Hamilton/Dundas/Burlington. I guess Facebook has taken over this site!!!

Great to hear from you

Take care of you

Hugggs

lexxiblue
on 2/21/23 4:47 am
Topic: RE: It's very sad

Patm.. i recognize your nickname... i had surgery in 2012 and like you haven't been on hear in years either... in fact only recognize one name who has posted.... ohh i'm old!!! Wondering if you used to attend the WLS meetings in Burlington?? I think there's where we met... ???

Lexxi

(Deb Stewart on FB)

lexxiblue
on 2/21/23 4:45 am
Topic: RE: It's very sad

YOU are so right... I'm guilty of this too... prior to surgery and just after this was my lifeline... and now I find FB my "go to".

Sad, very sad...I met a lot of wonderful people, made some great connections, went to many get togethers and even a monthly I believe, WLS group in Burlington. Then COVID hit and that group diminished. SAD...

Hope we can get some oldies back on here... BTW my surgery was in 2012....seems like yesterday and only wish I had surgery much earlier

Take care of you

Deb Stewart

(lexxiblue)

lexxiblue
on 2/21/23 4:43 am

Hi There...

I recognize Diminishing Dawn... and even met her at a WLS Conference put on by "Janet".... awesome to see you're still "helping out" others!!! Amazing Woman you are!!!

Obviously I haven't been on this site in years... and I too need help!! Regain is my enemy.. MY own fault in part.. depression the other fault.

But, life is good.. still have the majority of the weight off... so that's a bonus... not where I was and I never will be!!! Gotta be positive in life!!

I'm Deb Stewart .. on facebook.. would love to chat!

Also, in a bit of a dilemma, we moved to Belleville in 2017... and now not sure how or who I would contact re: help from a bariatric clinic .. St Joe's in Hamilton or go to the nearest clinic which would be Kingston.

Have a terrific Tuesday...

and take care of YOU!!

lexxiblue
on 2/21/21 5:47 am
Topic: RE: Panniculectomy Approval/Questions about Abdominalplasty

Hey Rose

well it's 2 days after your surgery.. too early to tell if you're "happy" or not! i had a full abdominalplasty as well as a mons lift and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. i was 2 years out and "finished" with my weight loss (are you ever finished) but was down to a very happy weight for me!

i had an amazing surgeon, Michael Kreidstein out of Scarborough and I now have an awesome smiley face from one end of my hips to the other.. doesn't bother me tho. I have a numbness in the groin area, but the doc told me i would.. no biggie. i also got a new belly button much to my surprise! i think that's just for asthetic reasons.. cuz what does a belly button really do.. think it would look weird without one. i was a lucky one i guess, i only took 2 weeks off work but i do have a desk job, no one even knew i had had surgery... i could still walk etc. and .. i left the hospital with a script for oxycotin and tylenol 3's; filled them but never needed them.. but we are all different!

with lovely covid i put on some weight, yep, not gonna lie and it landed in / on my midriff so i have a bit of a muffin top which i had asked the doc about and he just smiled! if that's what i have to put up with so be it.. but i'm back at the gym and back on track so i'm sure in time that will dissolve too!

i wore a binder for 6 weeks after surgery.. that was my choice tho, after 2 weeks the doc said i didn't have to wear it but i felt more comfortable and all tucked in. paranoid maybe?? but didn't hurt either!

the doc had also suggested a cream for the scar so it wouldn't appear thick... but i didn't bother with that. and .. the scar didn't seem to "thicken up".

i would never had believed what could be done if i hadn't had it done myself.. amazing work!!

good luck to you!!

lexxiblue
on 1/16/21 5:37 pm
Topic: RE: Starting my journey

Hello Leslie from Cobourg... Deb (Lexxi) from Belleville here.. via Hamilton! Had surgery in Hamilton in 2012!!! Just saying hi!!

Take care of you & stay safe!

lexxiblue
on 1/15/21 10:24 am
Topic: RE: My Last Post

Congrats to you!! You look so healthy!! and happy!!!

lexxiblue
on 1/15/21 10:21 am
lexxiblue
on 1/15/21 10:15 am
Topic: RE: Starting my journey

I too just had my 9yr surgiversary... Jan 11, 2012 - got off of 9 out of 11 pills, got rid of my cpap machine.. was type 2 diabetic. Lost more than half my body weight! DIDN'T lose any hair luckily! BUT took biotin a year before surgery!

Try to educate yourself as much as possible! Join many support groups - check out facebook! Outweigh the pros and cons!! Think about your future. You will get healthier!!! and thinner... but my goal was to get healthier!! Sure it's nice to wear smaller sized clothing but I can now move and run and breathe better! And who knows where I would be today if I stayed on the wrong side of the road. You probably won't be in the hospital long and will appreciate the time to yourself!

Just keep thinking about why you started your journey!! You will find the answer BUT ... you can always change your mind.. some have even before they were wheeled into the O/R. It's your life... it's your decision!

The only regret I have is not doing it sooner!!

Good luck!!!

lexxiblue
on 12/28/20 7:26 pm
Topic: RE: HI. Noone's posting here anymore

Hey Patricia

Not sure were you are from... the few groups I belong to, having surgery in Hamilton, ON are: The Loser's Bench, Renew with You WLS, Bariatric Support Group, Hamilton Bariatric Surgery Support Grou. There's also Bariatric Surgery Ontario, Ontario Gastric Bypass and Bariatric Surgery.... good luck!

Lexxi

lexxiblue
on 12/25/20 12:44 am
Topic: RE: Runs-with-Scissors... how are you??

Has anyone heard???? Runs-with-Scissors posted about regain.... and I don't think this is a great time of year for her with her father's death being Christmas Eve....

We are all here for you.... please let us know how you are doing?? or just a simple hello!!

God Bless and stay safe!

lexxiblue
on 12/20/20 2:28 am
Topic: RE: Fall 2020 Clothing Exchange

Hey Mallory

Just wanting to say thanks for continuing to do the clothing exchanges! I've been to a few of them and thought they were great!! Moved away and obviously haven't been to any since :-(... hopefully you can continue them sometime in the new year!!

Seasons Greetings and stay safe!!

huggs

Lexxi

Most Active
Recent Topics